Having Major Problems getting Copies to work

I am having no luck at all getting my burnt copies working on my Saturn. I have been trying for 2 days, and have read just about everything I could find on topic, but still no luck. I have also seached these message boards, and I have tried everything there also.

I have an original USA Saturn (oval buttons), and own well over 100 original games (import & domestic). I have an action replay 1M-4M cart that I use to play import games. I have rigged my saturn to think the cd door is always closed. I have tired every single swap method I could find, including ones on this message board, for many, many hours, but not once has it worked. I am using Windows XP, and I have tried using both Nero 5.5 and NTI CD maker Pro 6.5, but CDs from both do not work. I have tried memorex, staples, and bulk CDR's, but none have worked. I have tried burning at different speeds (4x/8x/16x), but that doesn't make a difference.

The 2 games I am trying to burn are Radiant Silvergun and DraculaX. I have tried setting the county codes to both USA and Japan (using satconv), but neither have worked. I have tried using the USA copies with no Action Replay, but they have not worked.

I feel that my timing has been pretty good, so my concern is my burning technique. For example, I have radiant silvergun as an ISO, and then 2-19 WAV files. When I use Nero or NTI, I select "mixed cd" and slide over the ISO to the ISO section, and then the WAV files to the Audio section. I then burn the CD. I have seen "cue" files mentioned alot, but I do not see where to put one, or how to use one with these burning programs. I also have tried naming the CD various things, but that doesnt seem to make a difference. At this point I would gladly buy a MOD chip if one were available, but I cannot seem to find one that will work with my old Saturn System.

One thing that does concern me, is that when I examine an original Saturn disk in my computer (import or Domestic) I notice that there are many files and folders. When I examine my burnt copies, there is just one ISO file after burning. I don't know if this is normal, or if this might be my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well you are burning the games wrong. You need a cue sheet. A cue sheet is what tells the program how to burn the game.

you have your game in ISO+WAV, so you will have to make a cue sheet yourself. You can download the sega cue sheet maker from the help & FAQ section on this site. Just follow the instructions and it will then generate a cue file for the game you want. Then when you burn in nero, select iso or data cd or whatever (not mixed mode) and then hit ok. THen load up the cue and burn it.

It's that simple!

Damn, that did the trick. It worked first shot. I didnt think I needed a cue sheet when using Nero or NTI, at least thats the impression I got from reading over the FAQ. There seems to be one problem though. The game loads perfectly, the intro movies and sound play perfectly, and the arcade mode plays and sounds perfectly. But when I select the "saturn" mode in the options, the game just hangs on the first screen, music keeps playing, but the cd eventually stops spinning. Could this be due to a bad ISO? CDR brand? burn speed?

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Note:

I got the "saturn" version to work, but I had to reburn the CD after changing the ISO's county code to Japan. Now everything works perfectly.

Back