Hello from Newbie

Hi guys,, I just recently found this forum, its really great,, I have been a Sega fan for the longest.. I just got in the mail my first Saturn a Derby edition ,, it looks really cool,, but it didnt come with the Derby game :( ,,,, I have been reading the forums and want to mod my Saturn to play CDRs since lots of the great games I seen go for $60 and up,, I have also already ordered a Replay Plus to play US games. Can you guys help me find a mod chip for the Derby Saturn Im not sure what motherboard it has,, and also what the best place to find games to purchase..... Well Thanks in advance and Im glad to finally have my first Saturn...

Laterz,

Jose

wow a Derby as your first Saturn -- congrats!

And welcome to SX! Make yourself at home. You'll find lots of good info for your Saturn here

Hey guys, I need help... I got some Jap games,, finally to try my new system and I only get black and white,,, :( the games play well but its all in black in white,, what could cause this prob? I hook it up using the S video cable.. Thanks

make sure your s-video cable is plugged in securely.

My tv does that with my DVD player if it's not in all the way.

Maybe sure to wiggle it around a bit if it keeps it up

Do you live in Europe?

If so you might have an older tv that doesnt support NTSC.

With all newer tvs this shouldnt be a problem, however if you have an old european tv you can bypass this problem by using a rgb cable (as long as your tv has rgb scart connections)

Thanks guys,,, I got it working,,, all I had to do was wiggle it some more,,, man cant belive how great this games are,,, Im a huge 2D fan and just got Samurai Showdown 3,4,,,, awesome,,,

ps.. i live in the US

If the saturn cable is S-video then why does it not fit the s-video socket in the back of my pc? Is it a differant type of s-video?

well the one end of the Saturn S-video cable is made only for the Saturn. It's not a fully standard S-video cable.

Back