Help me fix my Saturn…

Could someone post pictures of the default positions of all of the little switches and knobs and things on the saturn? I don't remember why but mine are all out of whack so my saturn is out of commission until I can get them put back the way they are supposed to be.

The ones I'm most interested in are the little circle ones on the cd board.

Thanks for any help anyone… :(

Can no one help? All I'm asking is for someone to open up their saturn, and take a picture of the position that all the circle switches are in on the side of the CD carriage.

Simple request, simple and quick for anyone with even 1 brain cell to do.

I've never seen a knob or a switch on the cd unit of the saturn. Perhaps if you could post a picture so that we knew what you were talking about, then perhaps you'd get some help.

I'm guessing that he's talking about the variable resistors (or whatever they are) that are on a CD board.

After your humble and polite request I'd be suprised if anyone helps you, fool.

Well dude if you think they're knobs then chances are that's the reason they're fucked up right there :lol:

Originally posted by mal@Aug 5, 2003 @ 06:59 PM

I'm guessing that he's talking about the variable resistors (or whatever they are) that are on a CD board.

After your humble and polite request I'd be suprised if anyone helps you, fool. :flamethrower:

Yes, that's what I'm asking about. And mal, that wasn't really necessary, I just thought that there was an inkling of humanity left on this board, but I should have figured you'd give none of what little you must have. <_<

course we wont for sumone who is SUCH a good member, and the fact that you were so nice and made us want to help you. wow, it's soooo hard not to just jump up and go rip apart my Saturn for you now....

ok, I haven't slept for a long time now so I am gunan go and see if sleep likes me this particualr night, hope u learn how to get people to help you. I have a little suggestion, be nice :)

Or... maybe none of us humans feel like getting up, tearing apart our saturns and taking random pictures of things and hoping it satisfies your needs. You weren't really all that clear as to what information you wanted. Of course, I was out of town, otherwise I would have made my post sooner, since I try and help people when I can, but your second post was just downright rude. After that I'd be surprised if you get much help at all.

What, did I insult you by saying that anyone with even 1 brain-cell could do it? Not to try and insult you further, but, you must be saying that you have need of that 1 brain-cell in order to help you accomplish anything short of typing mindless drivel.

Anyway, I have attached a picture of what I would like to see in the factory original positions…

I meant no disrespect to anyone.

Attachments

• 100_0864.jpg
    100_0864.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_0864.jpg
    100_0864.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 160
Actually, to answer his question, moving those "knobs" as he likes to call them, wouldn't actually stop your saturn from working.

seeing as though I have increased and decreased mine several times to find nothing happen, so all I can advise him is to figure out what is actually the reason why his saturn isn't working :p

I was wondering when some one was gonna bring up thoes. I've played with them many times, they do seem to affect verious things like, drive speed, fine tuning, seek time(mostly to make it longer, for scrches) I've revived my saturn many, and I mean many times by tweaking these. also placing your saturn on a 60 degree angle helps.

I've noticed that trick before... when my v1 ps2 was dying, if I held it at an angle it would detect the game instead of not on occasion lol. 'course now that I've got a v7 it's not an issue anymore.

Yeah,the good old "sit it on its side" trick....used in way back in the day for my psx....sometimes worked better if you turned completely over instead on its side.Ended up replacing the laser,because the sled was badly worn.

Back