Help Needed

Well, as you may or may not be aware of Sierra at one time was publishing a space simulator based on Babylon 5. I won't get into the details, but a considerable fan-base developed around the game and then the game was canceled. Fast forward to 2 years later and members of that fan-base are trying to publish the game agian. The first step is a marketing data survey. It's a quick little 3 minute survey located here:

http://gamesurvey.radiusco.com/survey.php

By filling out this survey you might just help get an extremely innovateve game onto the shelvs.

And if you do decide to fill this out I would appriciate it if in the Reffer ID field you would put "rico" (without the quotes of course). That field is case sensitive so be sure to make it all small-case.

Thanks for your time, and if you could spred the word it would help alot.

ya, sierra published half life

i have been screwed over a lot by Sierra

espically with fuckin HALF LIFE on DC, i was anticipating it so much, and they fuckin cancel it

they cancel everything

FUCK

hM

A long time ago, Sierra had an online service.

It completely and totally fuxin r0xd.

Then AT&T bought them and ever since, they have gone downhill faster and faster.

Sierra published half-life, they did NOT program it, (afaik) valve coded it. half-life == heavily modded quake 1 engine. get over half-life, it sucks, use UT instead, support original engines.

Wasn't it Gearbox that did the Half-Life DC port? Anyways, after that fiasco Sierra can go shit.

On a side note, I actually spoke to someone at Gearbox who went on to tell me that the port was totally complete and in the hands of Sierra for publishing.

Well seems like people here hate Sierra, Good. Make them eat shit by signing this pitition and getting a #### good game that they cancelled published!

Quote: from SkankinMonkey on 1:02 am on Mar. 12, 2002

Sierra published half-life, they did NOT program it, (afaik) valve coded it. half-life == heavily modded quake 1 engine. get over half-life, it sucks, use UT instead, support original engines.

100% agree... never saw the big deal with Half-Life, or so many of the other games that keep recycling the same old engines...

100% agree... never saw the big deal with Half-Life, or so many of the other games that keep recycling the same old engines...

As I recall, people made a big deal out of Half-Life because it actually tried not recycling the standard FPS gameplay model. Funny how you criticize a lack of innovation in a genre where the primary source of innovation is video card companies...

PErsonally, I like Sierra.

Did you ever think that maybe one of the reasons the games weren't published was because Sierra didn't have enough MONEY to continue production? Perhaps because of their POOR management AND the poor reputation that they got because of things they couldn't control. Or maybe because a bunch of fuckheads decided to pirate a large amount of their GOOD software and cause them to lost nearly all of their projected profits.

God fucking FORBID some stupid little gamerbrat be denied his next fix because of something that he can't control (unlike his mommy and daddy).

As I recall, people made a big deal out of Half-Life because it actually tried not recycling the standard FPS gameplay model.

All my friends were raving about Half-Life, it got great reviews, I bought it, and didn't see any big deal with it. It didn't win me over, so I'm always interested to hear what I missed out on... I have an open mind.

Funny how you criticize a lack of innovation in a genre where the primary source of innovation is video card companies...

*grins devilishly* That is a whole new can of worms.

What you've said here reminds me of Shane Monroe's "rants" from Retrogaming Radio (http://www.retrogamingradio.com) about the problem with the games being tailored more for high polys/T&L (from buying new hardware) rather than actual gameplay/originality.

The fault, I think, is just as much ours as the industry's, we take the upgrade-to-play bait every time.

those last comments somewhat remind me of the discussions having to do with whether the PS2, X-Box and Gamecube, were about gaming advances or forcing everyone to buy new hardware in order to play the new games. While, I guess you could say the new systems have potential for gaming advancement, most of the games suck(most not all) and really don't offer any real advancement over what the DC was capable of and doing before being dropped by sega. But thats another discussion. Here's my point for this threads topic:"While I agree with Cyn....half life did suck!

Quote: from eatpenguin on 1:39 am on Mar. 12, 2002

at least they made nice adventure games for ppl like me. plus thexder was like the coolest little game in the world on apple.

Hells yeah. Police Quest 2 was one of my favorite games. Only played 2 though. And Space Quest was freakin' awesome. Along with Leisure Suit Larry 3 and 5. Plus they publish the City Building Series by Impressions Games (Caesar, Pharaoh, Zeus). But I wish the industry would produce more graphic adventures. Still love to pop them in and play them every once in a while. I would sell my left arm to see another Sam & Max and/or Day of the Tentacle game from Lucas Arts. And not some stupid lame ass 3D thing either, I want them like the originals.

Back