help running STV arcade machine

RockinB

Established Member
You may know the SEGA Titan Videogame System (STV), which is similar to the SEGA Saturn.

I saw some relatively cheap offers of STV motherboard and cartridges, but I'm not familar with arcade machines. They said it's Jamma compatible... .

So what do I have to do regarding TV and controller connection and power supply?

I keep meaning to give a detailed reply to this, but I've been busy. <_<

Tomorrow, come hell or high water. :D

I really do not know much about the STV board and it's connections, but if it is JAMMA, you will need either a SuperGun or a JAMMA cabinet.

Or a TV or PC monitor that has RGB inputs and some other bits and pieces. ;)

Anyway, haven't got time yet...

An ST-V board is JAMMA. If you've got any questions I might be able to help - I've got a couple of mainboards and quite a few carts.

Damn, I still don't have much time... :damn:

Try reading this which is about building a SuperGun.

A manual for the ST-V can be found here.

Thanx mal for the info. I found something on building a MAK console which consists of 2 joysticks, an old PC power supply and RGB connectors.

I can't await to have such a machine in winter.

Mal, can you give a hint which games are worth it to buy them? And I think you agree I should buy the japanese version... .

Unfortunately there are no racing games available and the model I / II / III haven't got cartridges and every game got it's own PCB. Am I right with this?

That's pretty much what my set up is, but I use an RGB monitor and 2 Saturn pads.

I'll have to get back to you on which are the better games to buy. I haven't played with mine in a very long time. :rolleyes:

One of the games, Taisen Tanto-R 'Sasshissu!', has a kart racing mini game, but I think that's about it.

You're absolutely right about the Model 1/2/3 games. They don't use a cart system, but in theory you can swap the rom boards on Model 2 and 3 boards (of the same type) to play different games.

The other things to consider with Model 1/2/3 games is that they don't use a JAMMA connector and they use a medium res monitor (24kHz) rather than a standard res monitor (15kHz).

Back