Help with my Saturn Mod

Hello,

I am trying to mod my Saturn, but it is not working for some reason. I have the Model 2 Round Button 32 Pin Saturn. I bought the mod chip from GameGizmo, and followed their instructions here:

http://www.gamegizmo.com/index.php?sID=6&dID=49

I correctly soldered the power wire to the 2nd from top 5V pin. The other cable was soldered to the 14th pin of the 32 pin chip. The CD ribbon cable has been securely placed on the chip, and the chip on the main motherboard.

When I turn my Saturn on it boots with the Sega Saturn animation, and then proceeds to the CD screen. The cubes are there and green. Even when placing an original disc into the system it will only read the audio tracks. I'm not quite sure what's wrong, is the chip defective? My Saturn still boots up normal games if I remove the chip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

you know, sometimes it just doesn't work. I have a bunch of saturns and a mod chip sitting on my desk (for the last 3 months). I've tried everything and have the same problem as described. I am not new to soldering so I think it is just a busted chip. And to make it worst, I don't know how to really do the swapping trick!

This is no help to you other than to confirm your suspicions: Life sucks sometimes.

I installed a chip in my model 2 Saturn two weeks ago. Got it from Gamegizmo. No soldering required. Just looped it around the connections and crimped it.
smile.gif
The chip and wires came pre-soldered which saved me some time. Five minutes of work and everything is working great. No more swapping, now I play my Saturn more than any other system. Thanks Gamegizmo.
wink.gif

Originally posted by allsport11@Mar 7, 2003 @ 12:20 PM

I installed a chip in my model 2 Saturn two weeks ago. Got it from Gamegizmo. No soldering required. Just looped it around the connections and crimped it.
smile.gif
The chip and wires came pre-soldered which saved me some time. Five minutes of work and everything is working great. No more swapping, now I play my Saturn more than any other system. Thanks Gamegizmo.
wink.gif

laugh.gif
This sounds like an infomercial.
laugh.gif

I too tried the proper way, and tried soldering point 0019 as opposed to 0014. I tried all combinations. 1 more thing I can think of is that the wires are too thin? Maybe not enough of the metal is touching? Would 1 tiny strand be enough? I might try buying some thicker wires. If not i will see if I can exchange it.

Back