Help with 'The List'!

Myname

Established Member
Help with 'The List'!

A few weeks back I asked if anyone thought it was a good idea for me to start a site devoted to light gun games, so I've been delving into the interweb's recesses looking for games to add to 'The List'! [cue gong]

Now I need some help. I need more games that are light gun compatable (games like Snatcher etc. count, they don't have to be played entirely with a gun), more systems with light gun games (particularly interested in any info on PC games that you can play with guns rather than a mouse) and also some clarification on the titles with question marks besides them. Also, if any of the game listed are wrong, I'd like to know that too.

Enough blabbing, here goes:

Saturn

Crypt Killer

Policenauts

Snatcher

Virtua Cop

Virtua Cop 2

House of the Dead

Area 51

Maximum Force

Scud the Disposable Assassin

Die Hard Trilogy

Corpse Killer: Graveyard Edition

Death Crimson

Voltage Hadaker (?)

Mighty Hits (?)

Mega CD

Lethal Enforcers

Crime Patrol

Who Shot Johnny Rock?

Lethal Enforcers 2

Snatcher

Mad Dog McCree

Mad Dog McCree 2

Corpse Killer

Odyssey

Dogfight

Shootout

Prehistoric Safari

Shooting Gallery

Amiga

Capone

P.O.W.

Sideshow

Creature

Firestar

Cyber Assault

Enforcer

Playstation

Point Blank

Point Blank 2

Point Blank 3

Die Hard Trilogy

Die Hard Trilogy 2

Time Crisis

Lethal Enforcers 1+2

Project: Horned Owl

Gunfighter: Legend of Jesse James

Time Crisis: Project Titan

Elemental Gearbolt

Resident Evil: Gun Survivor

Area 51

Maximum Force

Crypt Killer

Playstation 2

Vampire Night

Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica

Gun Survivor 3: Dino Crisis

Time Crisis 2

Police 24/7

Ninja Assault

Virtua Cop Elite Edition

Dreamcast

Virtua Cop 2

Confidential Mission

House of the Dead 2

Death Crimson OX

Megadrive

6 Game Cart

Lethal Enforcers

Lethal Enforcers 2

T2: Arcade Game

Super Nintendo

T2: Arcade Game

Battle Clash

Bazooka Blitzkrieg

Lamborghini American Challenge

Metal Combat: Falcon’s Revenge

Tinstar

X-Zone

Yoshi’s Safari

Lethal Enforcers

Super NES Scope 6

Commodore 64

Gangster

Baby Blues

Cosmic Strom

Operation Thunderbolt

Time Traveller

Army Days

Atari XEGS/2600/7800

Barnyard Blaster

Bug Hunt

Crime Buster

Crossbow

Sharp Shooter

Alien Brigade

Sentinel

Meltdown

MSX

Dungeon Hunter

NES

Duck Hunt

Hogan’s Alley

Chiller

Gun Nac

Shooting Range

Baby Boomer

Adventures of Bayou Billy

Laser Invasion

Lone Ranger

Gotcha!

Barker Bill’s Trick Shooting

Gum Shoe

To the Earth

Wild Gunmen

Mechanised Attack

Freedom Force

Operation Wolf

3DO

Corpse Killer

Crime Patrol

Demolition Man

Drug Wars

The Last Bounty Hunter

Mad Dog

Mad Dog II

Policenauts

Space Pirates

Who Shot Johnny Rock?

Gunslinger's Collection

CD-i

Mad Dog McCree

Who Shot Johnny Rock?

Mad Dog 2: Lost Gold

Chaos Control

Solar Crusade

Crime Patrol

Drug Wars

Last Bounty Hunter

Thunder in Paradise

Mystic Midway: Rest in Pieces

Mystic Midway: Phantom Express

Spectrum

James Bond games (?)

Operation Wolf

Jungle Warfare

Bronx Street Cop

Billy The Kid

Missile Ground Zero

Rookie

Xbox

House of the Dead III

Master System

Rambo III

Shooting Gallery

Safari Hunt

Rescue Mission

Marksman Shooting

Space Gun

PC

Mad Dog McCree

Mad Dog McCree 2

Tandy Color Computer

Iron Forest

Medieval Madness

Don't mind about arcade stuff just yet, I'll get to that later. Cheers
smile.gif

Help with 'The List'!

"Safari Hunt" for the Sega Master System as well as "Shooting Gallery"

Help with 'The List'!

For PS2 add Ninja Assault.

For PSX add Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2, Project: Horned Owl, and Gunfighter: The Legend of Jesse James.

Will you be covering arcade games? Did the Revolution X console ports use a light gun?

Help with 'The List'!

Wasn't there a game called Horned Owl or something for the playstation that used a gun?

nevermind

Help with 'The List'!

For PC - Mad Dog I & II. It think you could get the other ALG titles, Who Shot Johnny Rock and Space Patrol but I'm not sure if they were compatible with the lightgun you could get...

For SMS - Rescue Mission

Help with 'The List'!

For Atari 7800 add Alien Brigade, Sentinel, and Meltdown.

For Dreamcast add Death Crimson OX.

Will you make a section on your site for games which played like light gun games but did not use a light gun?

Help with 'The List'!

Thanks for the additions so far
smile.gif

Will you be covering arcade games?

Yup, but since there generally aren't that many gun games in circulation at once in arcades (especially in the last couple of years), it will probably be more focused on home stuff. Not that many people go out and buy gun cabs and PCBs so it's intended more for the referance of console gamers.

Will you make a section on your site for games which played like light gun games but did not use a light gun?

Yeah, there will be a misc games section for stuff like Typing of the Dead and non-gun games that play like gun games. Try saying that fast.. The priority for now is getting as many names on the list as possible so I can get a bare-bones site together and flesh it out from there.

Help with 'The List'!

For NES add Barker Bill's Trick Shooting

Add Arcadia Electronic Skeet Shoot by Toymax I believe.

When you setup that misc. section consider adding Punisher(NES), Super B-Daman Battle Phoenix(N64), and Sin&Punishment(N64).

Lethal Enforcers 1&2 came as one game for the playstation.

Help with 'The List'!

I believe the C64 version of Operation Thundebolt supports a lightgun. There's also a hacked version of Operation Wolf with gun support, but IIRC the original only had joystick and mouse support.

Help with 'The List'!

Was some of your list taken from this site?

If so, then did you leave out the below on purpose:

Tandy Color Computer

Iron Forest

Medieval Madness

I am sorry about mentioning Barker Bill when it is already on the list.

I was talking to someone and they said there was no 3DO sequel for Shootout At Old Tucson. I then found this page. According to it Shoot Out at Old Tucson II, Policenauts, and Fast Draw Show Down were meant to have light gun support but were never released. The page might be wrong but you should check if these games exist for the 3DO.

Help with 'The List'!

Originally posted by calganagain@Feb 16, 2003 @ 11:17 AM

Was some of your list taken from this site?

I'd say a fair chunk of it, it was pretty much the only decent list I could find. Maybe someone from the 3do section can help with those you mentioned. I remember reading a preview of Policenauts for the 3do, but I'm not sure if if actually came out in the end. I didn't even notice that other section for the Tandy stuff
huh.gif

Help with 'The List'!

For saturn you can add :

Corpse Killer: Graveyard Edition

Revolution X

Help with 'The List'!

RevX doesn't support the gun, does it?

EDIT: Just checked - no it doesn't. Not the Euro version at least.

Help with 'The List'!

Originally posted by calganagain@Feb 16, 2003 @ 05:01 AM

When you setup that misc. section consider adding Punisher(NES), Super B-Daman Battle Phoenix(N64), and Sin&Punishment(N64).

Never played the others, but I wouldn't say Sin & Punishment plays like a gun game though I do know what you mean. To me it's more like Space Harrier or Panzer Dragoon than a gun game. Once I start on the misc part it'll have to be fairly strict, I think (games that were made as light gun games, but didn't support guns when they were brought to consoles, and games that are connected to gun games [Typing and Pinball of the Dead for example]).

Help with 'The List'!

Recently I have been checking out classicgaming's hosted sites. Last night I found this which seems to prove Policenauts does exist for the 3DO. Gamefaqs also has it in their database. Maybe the site I mentioned earlier was referring to it not being released in America.

According to SCEA RevolutionX for the playstation has lightgun support.

American Laser Games released Crime Patrol and Who Shot Johnny Rock? for the PC but are they laser gun games?

Did House of the Dead 1, 2 and Virtua Cop 1,2 for the PC have light gun support?

For Odyssey add Dogfight, Shootout, Prehistoric Safari, and Shooting Gallery.

Add Capone, P.O.W., Sideshow, Creature, Firestar, Cyber Assault, and Enforcer for the Amiga. There might be more.

Nadius mentioned Safari Hunt for the Sega Master System as well as Shooting Gallery but neither have been added to the list.

Add Operation Wolf, Jungle Warfare, Bronx Street Cop, Billy The Kid, Missile Ground Zero, and Rookie for the Spectrum.

Add Captain Power

Add Die Hard Trilogy and Die Hard Trilogy 2 for the Playstation. The PC ports may have been light gun games but I don't know that.

Add Who Shot Johnny Rock? for CD-i

I wonder which games the Naki n64 lunar gun was compatible with.

I might try to find out later. I can't see them making a peripheral which couldn't be used.

Do you have hosting setup, have you registered a domain, or have a url to check to see how you are coming? Will you be gradually collecting those games on your list for hands-on reviews or will you borrow some reviews?

Help with 'The List'!

American Laser Games released Crime Patrol and Who Shot Johnny Rock? for the PC but are they laser gun games?

Did House of the Dead 1, 2 and Virtua Cop 1,2 for the PC have light gun support?

Well, that's the sort of stuff I was hoping to find out but not too many people have PC light guns. I might try that Act Labs one at some point.

Do you have hosting setup, have you registered a domain, or have a url to check to see how you are coming? Will you be gradually collecting those games on your list for hands-on reviews or will you borrow some reviews?

No to all of those
smile.gif
. I'm concentrating on getting the basic content before I start to work on the format and layout of the site. I'd rather take my time on it than put up something sloppy. And I wish I had the cash to collect all those games
smile.gif
. It'll start out with nothing but info (release dates, FAQs etc), with reviews to come later on rather than getting second-hand stuff.

Help with 'The List'!

For the CD-i add:

Mad Dog 2: Lost Gold

Chaos Control

Solar Crusade

Crime Patrol

Drug Wars

Last Bounty Hunter

Thunder in Paradise

Mystic Midway: Rest in Pieces

Mystic Midway: Phantom Express

For the C64 add: