Help

Okay, I have a non-modded US Saturn, a ST Key Converter and the japanese game Sentimental Graffiti. I can't get the game to work though..I got a new battery for my Saturn as well and I have the language set in Japanese, but it just loads the game like it's a music cd...

Any ideas of what I can do?

Thank you.

changing the saturn's langauge in the setup menu doesn't do anything.

first, lets clear up some questions.

1. Is the disc an original?

2. Are you able to play other original imports?

IF you are unable to play other original imports then you may find that the ST-Ke is incompatable with your bios revision (shown on the bottom of the screen when the system boots up). If you have Bios revision 1.01a then your probably stuffed when it comes to using the ST-Key or Saturn Satellite. (this is from my own experience.) Bios revision 1.01, 1.00 and 1.00a Should all work fine; and no, there is no way to flash the saturns bios.

Also, are you booting the system up with the ST-Key and game both in the machine? because if you are not doing this then this may be half your problem

never knew ST-Key/ Satellite is incompatible with 1.01a...

personally i used to have ARP4-1 and never encountered any problem with JPN/US/EU Saturn.

cheers

ARP4in1 works on everything i have tried 1.00,1.00a,1.01,1.01a(Jap/Us/Pal), but for some reason the satellite and st-key don't like the 1.01a BIOS revision. :huh

Originally posted by topostarlight@Sep 16, 2004 @ 09:51 AM

I have a non-modded US Saturn, a ST Key Converter and the japanese game Sentimental Graffiti. I can't get the game to work though.., but it just loads the game like it's a music cd...

Any ideas of what I can do?

Thank you.

If it loads your game cd just like a music cd, your problem is either the cd is pirated or your unit is not region modded. If you know how to use a soldering iron & multimeter try this link

http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/saturncon.htm

goodluck! ;) :cool: :D

no need for that damn ST-key!

Thanks for replying, all of you.

First, the game is the original, I'm pretty sure. It was wrapped in the case with instruction booklet and the cds don't look like copies, and it did come from Japan...

Second, I do have the ST Key Converter in the system with the cd when I load it.

Also, I don't have any other games, english or japanese, for the Saturn yet. So I can't check...Do you think it might be just this game?

Is there anyway I can get it to work without having to open up and mess around inside my Saturn? Should I buy the 4 in 1 thing as well?

I highly reccomend getting the 4 in1 as it is much easyer then doing the solder job in such, plus it's also got 4mb and 1 mb capibility so its ready to go for playing those games.

Back