HELP!

i got saturn bomberman iso and music files from some share program

i havnt burnt a game before but i have plenty of burnt games :)

anyway i burnt it the iso using easy cd creator 5

(without addding the music)

and it doesnt work

ive read most of the faqs

is there sumthing im missing?

oh yeh i have the 8 in 1 4 meg card which allows all regions and my saturn is also modded so yeh... is able to play all games

is it not working simply because i didnt add the music files?

i thought it would still run without them..

does it matter wat speed u burn at?

:(

any ideas thoughts or help is much appreciated

What speed did u burn it at...what doesn't work exactly...does it freeze...do u get the message "game disc not suited for this system"...etc

That's *really* strange. As far as I know, nothing that a disc can do should make it freeze on the Saturn logo screen, as the code that produces the "Produced by or under license from..." screen is the first thing loaded from disc and is verified against a copy in the BIOS before it is run. What method are you using to boot it?

unless the blank is so bad that the saturn crashes trying to read it :p

try reburning it on a different brand.

Try burning it at 4x tops, use different/better blanks as Arakon suggested, and with the audio track(s) to see what you get.

BTW, Easy CD Creator is the devil, I tell ya!
eek.gif

EZCD Pro, however, is a different story. ;)

I doubt that even a bad blank could cause lockups unless there's something wrong with the system (CD-ROM firmware bug maybe...), since the BIOS is run by the Master SH-2, and the CD-ROM system has its own dedicated microcontroller and RAM in addition to the CD interface ASIC.

Also, if you go out to buy a different CD-R brand, it's a good idea to buy a brand that is actually a manufacturer if at all possible - many brands are simply rebranded cheap crap and change manufacturers regularly. Occasionally even the manufacturers will rebrand media in order to meet demand (TDK has done this), but you're still probably better off than buying the stereotypical $15 spindle of 50 no-name blanks.

Edit: blah, totally missed the mention of the modchip and cart. It's entirely possible that a loose connection on the cart or a misbehaving/badly installed modchip could cause a lockup at the Saturn logo screen.

(Edited by ExCyber at 5:32 pm on Oct. 31, 2001)

wow i cant believe the quick response

thanx heaps for all your replies

i was using a rather cheap brand i guess so i will try another more quality brand

and ill try it with easy cd pro (i couldnt find it before :( )

its much easier to chuck the music on with that so ill try that too :)

i tried with the cartridge and mod

with only the catridge (since i have a switch for the saturn :) )

and with the mod only and still always crash

except with the cartridge it just stop at its own loading screen obviously...

i am using Windows ME

if that does work ill try discjuggler tho i dont really like using it because of compatibility problems with my burner :(

thanx again !!!!!!!!!!

fireburner is by far your easiest bet if you using win ME

im pretty sure easy cd pro will give you grief after installation (i know it does on win 2k)

easy cd creator will definitely not work since it doesnt do mixed mode from image

Back (way back) :) when I didn' t know what I was doing, I used Easy CD Creator (not Pro) to try to burn Cotton Boomerang. I thought I had a good burn but it did the same thing behelit is describing... My solution? If your burner supports it, use CDRWIN... or like megametal said, Fireburner.

YAY!

it worked i burnt it with ezcd pro

with audio

wat are you supposed to name the audio tracks??

or doesnt it matter?

BUT!!!!!!!

now when i play it just crashes or sumthing during play

or it will restart to the sound thing

or will restart to the opening screen of the game

has this happened to any one before?

wat are you supposed to name the audio tracks??

or doesnt it matter?
It doesn't matter in EZCD Pro, as long as you burn them in continuous order corresponding to track number.

BUT!!!!!!!

now when i play it just crashes or sumthing during play

or it will restart to the sound thing

or will restart to the opening screen of the game

has this happened to any one before?
Did you make sure to close the disc when burning? If not, you won't be able to hear the audio. Try playing the audio tracks on a CD player or something. If you can't hear the audio tracks, it means you didn't close the disc when burning. I believe you can still close it using Easy CD Creator.

BTW, which Bomberman game do you have? The one with 16 audio tracks (i.e., TRACK02 --> TRACK17), or the one with 29 audio tracks TRACK02 --> TRACK30)?

the one with 30 tracks

i chuck it in a cd player and it shows 30 tracks

but all the tracks are blank except the first one which has all the songs in it

and they play real fast

???

why would this happen?

is there no pre gap or sumthin

the disc was closed

my burner is a

8x4x32 acer

i just converted all the waves to 41hz or watever

and burnt it on a rewriteable (cos im sick of wasting cd's)

and the audio part seemed to be all proper

i chuck it in the comp cd player and all audio tracks are correct

so im gonnna try burning it again...

Great, but what did you do differently this time to get it working? If other members have the same problem, it helps to document the solution. ;)

Back