HELP!!!!!!!

stack99

Established Member
Sorry dudes, but I need some help here. I have the newer sega cd model 2, and everytime I play shining force cd, it says I need to free up memory then it asks me to do it now, I say yes, and it throws me into some freakin cd player looking menu, and I have no idea what the frell to do here, does anyone have any ideas?? Thanks.

damn.gif

yea, put your game of choice in the sega cd........when you see the 'main screen' press 'C' to enter the CD PLAYER bit..........from here you can now access the memory manager!

tho mind you DON'T FORMAT the whole memory or you'll loose all your save games!
wink.gif

hope this helps!

For the record, later versions of the bios are more fiddly, requiring you to piut in an audio CD to get the the CD Player ('C' don't wotk on 2.21
sleep.gif
), then putting in your game, then going to memory... very annoying.

Usually you can ABC+Start your way back into the title screen, then enter the CD player screen. There you'll see a "MEMORY" buttom.

My model2 could do that, but my CDX can't, since it boots into the games way too fast and ignore commands to go to CD player instead of booting. So, I just turn the CDX with the CD door open, let it go to CD player, then close the door. It'll detect the game and enable the memory buttom.

thanks for all the help guys turns out that sonic cd has a way to access the memory manager, thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

:cheers

For the record, later versions of the bios are more fiddly, requiring you to piut in an audio CD to get the the CD Player ('C' don't wotk on 2.21
sleep.gif
), then putting in your game, then going to memory... very annoying.

have you tried booting without any cd?
laugh.gif

pressing start with an empty drive takes you to the cdplayer.

thats the weird thing, I have no trouble getting to the cd menu, but then I can't do jack, the cursor just sits there, and nothing, no button or joystick movement does a damn thing.. also I have ver 2.00, if that helps. thanks.

Back