Here's a little trick for Gens re: screen size

Maybe this is obvious to some of you, but I thought I'd share for those who don't know. Anyway, my desktop resolution is 1024x768, but when I use emus that use 640x480 (such as gens or u64emu) that screen is off center and has borders. So I tried adjusting the refresh rate in display properties, and bam- I`ve got a full screen, centered image. Just a tip.

Originally posted by emazur@Jun 18, 2003 @ 10:04 AM

Maybe this is obvious to some of you, but I thought I'd share for those who don't know. Anyway, my desktop resolution is 1024x768, but when I use emus that use 640x480 (such as gens or u64emu) that screen is off center and has borders. So I tried adjusting the refresh rate in display properties, and bam- I`ve got a full screen, centered image. Just a tip.

Problem's in your monitor's settings. If your screen is off the edges, just use the monitor's OSD to reposition it. The monitor should remember your settings for that given resolution + refresh rate (my monitor remembers up to 10 resolution/RR combos with position settings).

No, the problem is with the refresh rates. If I use Gens under XP at 1024x768 and 85hz, massive borders around the outside. If I use it under 98 with the refresh rate set to 'optimal', full screen. Now if I could just figure out what rate is the optimal one.. I suspect probably 100hz.

Back