Here's the gen/md 3-country mod diagram.

it will, and it won't. the country mod for Genesis will allow you to use a different country's Mega/Sega CD unit with your Genesis/Mega Drive, however it will not allow you to play import CD's on your Mega CD.

For that you either need to fit a Multibios or get a converter cart, like the Pro-CDX.

If you fit a Multibios the 50/60Hz switch will help get things in synch, not sure if the same applies to the converter carts.

yes the region mod does allow you to use a different countries unit. you just have to make sure you only use your mod with a cart in, this will cancel out the mega CD. Just make sure you get a scart cable so it doesnt go black and white running in NTSC mode

Nice one soldermonkey

All I need to do now is find out where to buy one in the UK or how to make one

tongue.gif
wink.gif
:woah:
cool.gif

i have the wiring diagram but my FTP is buggered. email me nyteshade@excite.com. Tell me who you are and put EGAXTREME in the subjet line so i dont think it is spam and delete it. I'll email you the instructions

D'oh......it's not looking good.

When I try to play a MegCD game, with a cart in the MD...it default boots to the MD and not the MegaCD.

Dunno if my mods screwed up or what.......

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

the Mega Drive automaticly defaults to cartridge play when one is inserted, It's how the hardware is designed.

so this is why you can't get it to play your games.

In order to play Mega cd games, set the region switch on your mega drive to the region of Mega/Sega CD you are using, (i'm assuming it's EUR) and make sure you Don't have a cartridge in the slot, then it should work just fine.
smile.gif

Like I said before, you still can't play import Mega CD games, unless you were to connect a Japan or USA CD system to your mega drive. The mod you did has little effect on the Mega CD's abilities, you'd have to mod it separately.

You could get one of the converter carts or a multibios if you want to use use import CD's on your existing Mega CD.

I'm very confused by that diagram that Aryon did. Can anybody produce a correctly labelled + wired one?

Ok so yet another mod question. Now I've moded about three different jap MD's in each one I've put in a seperate 50-60 hz swith and a seprate language switch. Both switches are SPST switches. I'm not sure which jumpers I've used but it has allways worked with all games. Now I've got a PAL version 1 MD to convert and I can gat the 50 60 hz working but not the language switch. I've notice from your diags that you use on SPDT switch to seemingly do both 50/60 hz swithching and langauge switching (am I right in thinking this?). Also is there any difference between how the Jps are setup between PAL and JAp machines (the PAL board is circa 1992) and can I continue to use the to SPST switches so I have a switch for 60hz and one for language!

Cheers

Quexex

Ok so virtually every MD Mobo is different, the one I was inquiring about works exactly the same way as a Jap board. For my system I use two SPST switches one selects language one selects 50 / 60 hz. On the August '92 PAL Mobo it's JP1 and JP3 for langauge switch and 50 60 hz respectivly. I cut the tracks between both JP3 and 4. I have another PAL board to do toniht so I'll post my findings. Maybe we should come up with a list of different methods and the different cominations of Jumpers for different boards.

Cheers

Quexex

Back