Hmm... Saturn Dev Kit On eBay

This looks differant to the normal Saturn dev kits you see, ive seen ones that are normal JAP saturns but with differant ports on the back and more options in the bios.

This looks as if it could be used to burn the games, cool.

Sounds dodgy though, i just happen to find 'my old saturn programming box' in my attic, he speaks as if everyone has these. Isnt it techinically illegal to own this unless you have been given it by Sega? ie. its only for devvers.

:agree it would be more an item of interest than actually useful, from what i hear that type of dev kit is a very early model that breaks easily and overheats. Sega replaced it after only a few months in '95 after many devvers complained.

CartDev Rev.A was such beast that Sega shortly replaced with CartDev Rev.B... from my understanding there's Sophia setup that looks similar to Rev.A in appearance...

why would anyone want to pick up that big chunk of scrap(?) metal :D

when you can have much more elegant Psy-Q or CartDev Rev.B? he he

Originally posted by dj898@Tue, 2006-01-31 @ 11:57 AM

why would anyone want to pick up that big chunk of scrap(?) metal :D

when you can have much more elegant Psy-Q or CartDev Rev.B? he he

[post=143934]Quoted post[/post]​

And not do anything productive with it... only brag.

true...

but then when you have chance to pick up ones for cheap I'm sure not many people will pass up regardless what you will be doing with 'em... :p

and if I come across as bragging then my apology. My intension was there were better Saturn development systems released and wanted to point that out that's all..

p.s. if I wanted to brag I can always bring up my pre-production Saturn prototype console.. he he

Back