hmm...

interesting, but I though MS or EA was supposed to buy them
wink.gif

Outstanding merger. The wealth of talent would be huge. AND, hopefully, stupid marketing will be cracked down upon.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Apr 16, 2003 @ 10:46 PM

Outstanding merger. The wealth of talent would be huge. AND, hopefully, stupid marketing will be cracked down upon.

Does Namco have that good of marketing? I never noticed?

I never really liked namco. But you know what would be great? Sega and Konami. I know it'll never happen ever but still imagine!

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Apr 17, 2003 @ 09:34 PM

I never really liked namco. But you know what would be great? Sega and Konami. I know it'll never happen ever but still imagine!

eeh they don't seem like as good of a match up

Of all the recently talked about mergers, this one would be the best!! Both companys rock in the arcades. Could you imagine what collaborative work would me for each? This would be way better than the talked about EA or MS. At least with Namco, the Sega name would live on.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Apr 19, 2003 @ 03:07 AM

I dunno. I'm afraid if they do this then we'll be seeing a "sega arcade classics" game come out.

I thought there'd been a few Sega compilations like that..

I think it's a much better prospect than the other mergers rumoured. Imagine if a console ever came of it, it'd be arcade heaven
smile.gif
. We can dream..

Originally posted by Myname+Apr 18, 2003 @ 07:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myname @ Apr 18, 2003 @ 07:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff@Apr 19, 2003 @ 03:07 AM

I dunno. I'm afraid if they do this then we'll be seeing a "sega arcade classics" game come out.

I thought there'd been a few Sega compilations like that..

I think it's a much better prospect than the other mergers rumoured. Imagine if a console ever came of it, it'd be arcade heaven
smile.gif
. We can dream.. [/b][/quote]

I dunno what's so bad about an arcade classics compilation

as long as it's well done and not old old stuff like Sega Ages vol 2

But yeah, if they did (not likely) come out with a console it would definately be awesome!

Update:

Nekkei news reported that Sega is most likely to merge with Sammy instead of Namco, due to pressue from Sega's parent company CSK, the reason is that CSK suffered losses due to the decline of Sega stocks in the last few months.

http://www.nni.nikkei.co.jp/

Sega, Sammy To Scrap Merger Plans

TOKYO (Nikkei)--Game software developer Sega Corp. (7964) and pachinko slot machine maker Sammy Corp. (6426) have decided to abandon their merger negotiations as they failed to agree on a merger ratio and other details, The Nihon Keizai Shimbun learned Wednesday.

Back