Hmmmm, I need help....

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Ok, so I am makin sum scans of Saturn covers and making them fit my slim jewel cases and when I save them in.jpg formate the porportions get all screwed, and a .psd is too big. SOOOO I decided to try TIFF, see how it works. Well I when I save it I have a choice of compression methods (and have to choose one if u want a decent file size). Well when I save it as a TIFF w/o any compression I can view it just fine, but when I use zip, jpg, etc. compression I can't view the file. I am pretty sure it's cuz I have an old viewer, anyone know a of viewer that will let me open it? If so, where can I get it? Thanks guys, really appreciate it...

Hmmmm ??? have downloaded it like 3 times and everytime I try to run the .exe it causes an invalid page vault and closes, can anyone else help? Thanks again curtis. Peace.

Odd...I've neve had that problem with Irfanview. Are you talking about the self-extracting exe, or the actual program file. If you mean the self-extracting one, I can send you a zip file of the extracted program if you like...

Originally posted by BJammzz@Jan. 23 2003, 4:37 pm

Hmmmm ??? have downloaded it like 3 times and everytime I try to run the .exe it causes an invalid page vault and closes, can anyone else help? Thanks again curtis. Peace.

If it does it again after curtis sends it to you check your computer for viruses...

well usually if it's a virus you'll start to notice it when you execute other .exe files. It will say blah blah blah corrupt, or error out, this can be cause by the windows spaces virus and others like it. They usually find there way into your system by downloading self-extracting files from places like kazza.

Download a trial version of the most popular virus scanners...aka norton, mcafee, etc...

But if it only occurs with this little proggy, then forget about it, probably not a virus but just something with your comp.

Get a virus scanner anyways, they'll save you from a nasty hard drive reformat in the future, where you loose all your data.
smile.gif

Yes, I did and downloaded everything just fine. The exe file works and everything...now just gotta convert my psd image into tif and tets it out....

Xavier, It's not when I am scanner, it's when I save it as a .jpg and then try to print it it's all craza sizes. either WAY small or WAY huge...have encountered this prob A LOT when getting scans online...

Originally posted by BJammzz@Jan. 27 2003, 5:04 pm

Xavier, It's not when I am scanner, it's when I save it as a .jpg and then try to print it it's all craza sizes

um... ok yeah , usually theres an scanning option or an option when you save it , for resolution and size . it usually says somthing like 1x 2x 50x pixel for pixel 300x200 exact size ect .

I know for some strange reason computers are defaulted at somthing like 4x real size and needed resultion , but usually after you set the program once it stays that way ... if you cant figure out how to do that than use that program I linked to earlier it makes resizing any format a breeze and takes seconds this and photoshop are my fave's actually i kinda like gwp better than photoshop for resizing and format options .

play around in the Dots Per Inch boxes, in the scanning program. more DPI will mean smaller image.

DPI is basically a density for images. lower DPI images, are more diluted, and spread out. higher have them scunched together.

watched Call For Help on TEch TV, where they did this.

note - can't quite word it right, so do feel free to correct me

If you reprint scanned images, don't forget to set your printer's options correctly before actually printing, too. Your printer may be set to automatically resize graphic images to fit the paper size, if so, just turn it off. It's easy to overlook this one, but easy to fix it, too.

Back