House Of Dead

Hi

Today I got my Virtua Gun and I burned House Of Dead (from Ralos FTP) on CD-R and started it.

That image was Japan or US (I don´t know anymore)

So I converted it to Europe with satconv.

I know House Of Dead from PC and THERE was RED blood. Did the game recognize that I´ve a european console and made the blood green??

Many german games have green blood but a US or JAPAN version should have blood.

Is there any trick to get red blood??? Has anybody a hint for me..

Anyway also a GREAT game with green blood ;)

i havent played the original HOTD much, but in the second for DC you had to beat the game first, then you could change it. i dunno though

Enter this code at the main menu. L, R, R, L, L, R. Then hold C and either select Arcade or Saturn mode (there's a code to get extra characters in Sat mode, but I can't remember that one)

Edit: Yes, even in the USA version there was green blood

(Edited by Cloud121 at 6:03 pm on Mar. 4, 2002)

In Germany there is green blood because they almost lost all gaming privlages after a germany-only game came out in which you had to shoot up all the jews and torture them... (wolfenstien.. no don't think so). So now they must all be REALLY toned down. But the reason you got green blood is because sega thought it would be like human's if it was red. Like cloud said, there is a way , but they wouldn't hide it unless they dikn't want you to play that way right off the bat.

I don't know what planet you come from Gallstaff, but this discusses video game censorship in Germany.

I believe the PC version of HotD had an option to choose between green and red blood, but default setting is green blood.

BTW, according to GameFAQs, here's the Unlimited Ammunition code:

While playing , hold L + R and press Y, Y, Y.

Germany has bad cencorship,but they are gettin better....plus if you're over 18 you can get almost everything you want...

I don't think the PC version did; as i've played it, but it was eons ago.
Play it again to find out for sure, but before actually starting the game, go into Options to see if you can change the default green color to red. If not, then you probably have to beat the game first.

Quote: from Cloud121 on 2:02 am on Mar. 5, 2002

Enter this code at the main menu. L, R, R, L, L, R. Then hold C and either select Arcade or Saturn mode (there's a code to get extra characters in Sat mode, but I can't remember that one)

YES thanks! It really works.

Blue blood ;) reminds me killing smurf Zombies ;)

I´m from Germany and it´s true everything with a bit violence and Blood!!! is forbidden. Also Virtua Cop you can only buy with 18.

It´s also not allowed to deal with these games on eBay.

My aution of House Of The Dead was closed by eBay before the ending. But I got it directly by the seller without eBay :)

You should see Aliens versus Predator 2 German (PC). Without the blood and gore, half of the plot makes NO SENSE. Bodies skinned by predators are..... Fully clothed and unmutilated prisoners? If you headbite a human as an alien....... their head disappears? NOTHING bleeds, so there goes a STRATEGIC FACTOR right there. Cloaked preds are near-impossible to see, and if you spray where your motion detector is beeping, and something bleeds bright green blood, you keep shooting wherever there's blood to bad your yautja. Alien blood HURTS if you step in it, so if it's invisible, you can be killed by.... nothing?

(Edited by Raijin Z at 4:09 pm on Mar. 10, 2002)

Back