How come nobody on here has biz of modding saturns

racketboy

Established Member
I'm just curious why nobody on here has a side business of pre-modding Saturns.

I'm sure some newbies might be interested in them.

Just a thought.

I thought about it a while back, but there just isn't enough of a market in Oz and overseas shipping would make it too expensive.

That and the fact that I once got a Saturn ready for someone and they 'disappeared' on me. <_<

I'm too expensive ^_^; And I only ever do mod work when I feel like doing mod work, and there's a fairly large upfront cost for the stuff you need to do teh mod too. Most people ask how much a modded saturn would cost and you tell them it'd be $30 for the saturn and $20 for a chip, then shipping, and installation fees then they tell you that's a rip off.

Now if someone were to send me the mod chip and the saturn or even just the saturn (and it was a 32 pin) I'd be happy to do it for like $10 and the cost of shipping.

Edit: (plus another $20 for the mod chip if they didn't send one). lol

maybe you should at least advertise that, Scared.

I picked up my modded one for about $40 on here.

But I think it was just because they were looking to get rid of it.

I've seen them going for $90-$100 elsewhere.

And I have lots of people asking about them on other boards.

I tell them to ask around here, but I guess they're usually too lazy for that

as has kinda been covered previously. to make profit doing something you have to have a large enough user base wanting the gooods or services you're providing to outweigh the expenses generated by providing those services. if you own a restraunt and you've got 5 customers you're gonna go under hella quick. smae thing with the saturn. i'd betta that a good 30% or so of people in this country who currently own a saturn are or at one point in time were active on this board. that ain't alot of people. also the saturn modchip's a breeze to put in. i'm fairly certain that anyone who'd be interested in obtaining a modded saturn would have to say to themselves "ya know, i can do that myself in a bout 5 minutes. i got my solder braid right here". lastly. dude, saturn modchips are gettting kinda hard to find. i dunno if gamegizmo's still around but they were offering what had to be 2nd hand modchips. so if 1 of every 3 chip's you buy's d.o.a. (my exact ratio) the cost effectiveness really starts to drop.

I just suggested a side business

it's not like you have to invest in much. Nothing like a restraunt

It would just be like a job here and there.

There isn't much to lose.

Also, doesn't jandaman keep a good supply of chips?

I keep a good supply of chips.

I was thinking of selling pre-modded systems but obtaining used saturns seems like a small hassle as most sellers are selling system+games

Originally posted by jandaman@Oct 9, 2003 @ 08:12 AM

I keep a good supply of chips.

I was thinking of selling pre-modded systems but obtaining used saturns seems like a small hassle as most sellers are selling system+games

If I had some extra cash and space, I'd buy up system/game bundles (as long as it's not just daytona/vf/virtua cop games) and re-sell the games separately

Back