how do i burn turbo duo games?

i downloaded lords of thunder from an ftp, in the iso + mp3 format, but ive tried burning it as a mixed mode cd and magic engine just says 'load error' or 'not a pce cd!'

any help is appreciated, thanks!

How do you burn PC Engine CD games?

Very, very carefully.

First of all, if you're using a wizard-type interface to burn a "mixed-mode" CD, drop it quick and get something like CDRWin that lets you specify the track layout more precisely - PC Engine games are notoriously picky about disc layout, and a standard "mixed mode" disc will have the wrong layout.

It will have the wrong layout because PC Engine CDs have a... "innovative" track layout. It looks like this:

Track 1: Audio (warning track for CD players)

Track 2: Data

Tracks 3-x: Audio

Track x+1: Duplicate of track 2 (not sure if this is on all games)

In the future, it might be a good idea to get games in BIN/CUE, CloneCD, or some other "whole disc" format whenever possible - you can sleep, play games, or do something else nice while you download, but not while you're pulling your hair out trying to figure out why the game won't work. Better images don't solve every problem (doing audio/data/audio/data isn't exactly laid out in the industry standards), but they reduce the number of potential issues.

Hope this helps.

email me and I will send you specific directiuons on how to burn ALL tg16 games......no need making 100 coasters figuring it out like I had to... :)

email me and I will send you specific directiuons on how to burn ALL tg16 games......no need making 100 coasters figuring it out like I had to... :)
I HAVE ALCOHOL 120 , POWER ISO , IMGBURN AND NONE OF GAMES WORK. I HAVE QUITE A FEW PC-ENGINE & TURBOGRAFX CD GAME FILES , CAN YOU HELP ME TO BURN THEM CORRECTLY , ANY HELP WILL DO. THANK YOU.

I HAVE ALCOHOL 120 , POWER ISO , IMGBURN AND NONE OF GAMES WORK. I HAVE QUITE A FEW PC-ENGINE & TURBOGRAFX CD GAME FILES , CAN YOU HELP ME TO BURN THEM CORRECTLY , ANY HELP WILL DO. THANK YOU.

Back