How do I read that?

Sayyy.... that sounds suspiciously like the game in question is Steam Hearts.
blink.gif
cool.gif

Originally posted by Carnivol@Feb 1, 2003 @ 06:46 PM

2: I guess you don't want to use the sound from the PSX version, as you're doing this as a project on ripping Saturn movies in different formats... I'd guess that the music is in some format similiar to MOD,MIDI,S3M,AMS or PSF.

(PSF is the nice word for the Sheet music the PSX uses)

So you basicly have to find a way to find the correct music sequence + evt/also the correct samples used for the music... (if it is in this format ofcourse)

Well, half of these games DONT have a psx version, and also I am interested in knowing how these movie formats work too, not just encoding them, although thats an interest too.

Sorry for digging out such an old thread, but i didn´t found anything about the .mov format used in Saturn games.

Exhumed (aka Powerslave / 1999: Pharaoh no Fukkatsu) is using .mov video files too.

Until now i only knew about the following video files:

First Generation: Cinepak (.cpk) Video: 24Bit FMV - max. 320x240 Pixel - max. 30Hz / Audio: 16Bit - max. 44kHz - Mono/Stereo

Second Generation: TrueMotion (.avi) Video: 24Bit FMV - max. 320x240 Pixel - max. 30Hz / Audio: 16Bit Duck3/4 - max. 44kHz Stereo

Third Generation: with MPEG-Card (.mpg) Video: 24Bit FMV MPEG-1 - max. 352x288 Pixel - max. 30Hz / Audio: 16Bit - max. 44kHz Stereo

Fourth Generation: CRI Sofdec (.sfd) Video: 24Bit FMV MPEG-1/MPEG-2 - max. 640x480 Pixel - max. 60Hz / Audio: 16Bit ADX - max. 48kHz Stereo

Any new infos about the .mov files, if they are really QuickTime format or just Cinepak with another extension?

All i see in VLC Media Player is, that it is MPEG1/2 video...but neither VLC nor any other Media Player will play this files.

mov is just a container, like avi. The contents are probably cinepak as cinepak was a VERY popular codec used with mov files at the time. Many Saturn videos were encoded on Macs using QT Pro, with the cinepak stream stripped from the mov container.

Back