How do you set up...

Gallstaff

Established Member
I mean like through tv, vcr, cable box, rf modulator, rgb? Basically i ask this because on my good tv (the one in my room) the video input on the back is messed up so i get audio, but no video. Trust me, this is the problem because when you wiggle the wire in just the right spot, it works. So, i tried through my digital cable box, vcr, and i tried my rf modulador which it does, but i need that for downstairs since my multi system hook up tap thing goes through it.

So, how do you have yours set up... and can any one tell me this: If my vcr just has the yellow video in. and the white audio in. and i plug those to cables into it, will that work?

what do you mean the input of the vcr? Just plug in the white to the white and yellow to yellow, then set the vcr to aux and set my tv to aux? but doesn't it need the red pin in.?

and i can get the vcr to the av setting, but what is the av channel on my tv? Damn... i hate jvc

Ok then your vcr is a MONO vcr so forget the red pin.

Just rem not ALL vcr have input, so make sure its input and NOT output port.

The channel for the TV is the SAME channel you use for watching your vcr.

Vcr set to AV. Then it should all work.

RadioShack.com carries an RCA pin splitter (1 male to 2 female plugs) if you want to use the red audio pin, you'll need one of these cables, luckily it's pretty cheap

well my vcr, in the back, has a white and yellow pin OUT. so i don't use that. but in the front it has just one video and one audio in. but they are both black. oh and when you press "play" no matter what channel it's on, our vcr plays. what do i do?

Oh and the input... it says input/output... what's that mean

Hmm well might have option to be both...ok red pin is ONLY for stereo...dont worry about it.

Now IF its connected with normal cox cable. Then ist ch 3 or 4

Then it should be able to see the vcr channels.

maybe it's that the vcr doesn't go to the tv directly. It goes through the cable box then to the tv through that. Hey... the cable box has white, red and yellow input... if i plugged it into that, would it work? Would i have to set it to bypass?

Well, just fyi, if you plug your console into the vcr's input, you have to set the vcr to display it. Usually this option is on the remote labelled as "Input select" or "Auxiliary".

Why not just buy another rf mod?

I was going to suggest the same as MasterAkuma...Also, If you can't plug in the "red" plug you should change you settings (what machine is this anyway? Saturn? Dreamcast?) to MONO so that only the "white" pin is needed.

I have 1 set of mono A/V input on my VCR, and 1 set of A/V outputs on my VCR, and none on my TV

what I did, with my N64 (same method for PSX or any other one that uses A/V cables):

connect A/V cables to VCR's A/V inputs, yellow and white to back of VCR

Red was left off, no place for it.

then, connect VCR to TV, via Coax

when N64 is to be played, turn on VCR, TV, turn TV to channel 4 (selectable on VCR 3/4), change VCR channel to "Auxillary", and turn on N64

the cable box, if you have one, plugs into the VCR via Coaxial cable

also, using this method, I have connected a SNES and a Genesis/CD to the TV, all at the same time, by "Daisy Chainin" the RF modulators,

VCR ---T--------------------T---TV

-----Sega Genesis --------SNES

some signal loss, but not noticable for me.

i have a crap TV so i use RF only. I use the original sega RF switch between my cable box and my megadrive with the output going to the TV. This piece of sheeeeite cable box doesnt have composites or a scart. I think it was salvaged from mir, i'm not having NTL cable again, i'm gonna get sky in the next place

Right, I've got a 3 way RGB SCART switcher (Never buy the cheapest SCART switcher.... no RGB). Got the Dreamcast, PS2 and Gamecube hooked through that into my video. That goes to my sky box, that goes to my TV. Everything is Stereo, becuase obviously, if you hook up a stereo device through to a mono device, it comes out mono and you only get one channel, not 2 channels crammed into one so sounds WILL be dropped.

Can anyone in England reccomend a BIG RGB SCART switcher? I still need to hook in my Saturn, N64 and Mult-Mega and it's doing my head in having to constantly plug and un-plug
sad.gif

well i got it. JUst yanked out the visual in. on the back of my tv so there is no thin lining, just plugs directly in. DUCT TAPE SOLVES ALL!

Back