how old is every 1 here, seriously

Originally posted by jeff-20@Dec 29, 2003 @ 04:10 AM

most of you were not old enough to know sega when it was at it's peek... early 90s. You would have been too young to buy your own games! You had to be a teen to get the full sega madness.

Well, got my Mega Drive was 5, had it until i was about 10~11, but I got bought loads of games, and my cousin had tonnes, and we read so many mags and watched Games Master, so me and my cuz had the great games, and knew what was happening ;)

Originally posted by Caelestis+Dec 30, 2003 @ 01:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Caelestis @ Dec 30, 2003 @ 01:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-jeff-20@Dec 29, 2003 @ 04:10 AM

most of you were not old enough to know sega when it was at it's peek... early 90s. You would have been too young to buy your own games! You had to be a teen to get the full sega madness.

I dunno, I was pretty rabid about wanting a genesis and half a million games... and my parents were more than willing to comply, just to get me to shut up.

I still remember opening it on Christmas Day... it was the bundle pack with the Lion King. That game kicked some serious ass. [/b][/quote]

The only true bundle pack to concern one self with is Altered Beast...

26 Incidently...Master System era.

The only true bundle pack to concern one self with is Altered Beast...

26 Incidently...Master System era.

I dunno, I got the Sonic 1 bundle pack... I'd say that was the deal to end all deals. ;)

Most of my very youthful gaming was done on NES's, but I did have the odd friend with a 2600 or Colecovision, both of which I enjoyed quite a bit. Genesis was the first system that I personally owned, however.

I remeber the Sega Madness of the 16 bit era all to well. I worked hard on my paper route to save enough money to buy games. I still remeber the first time i played Lunar. I was in heaven.

16 here. Genesis and Super NES were my first two systems, and my cousins had NES before that. So, I've been playing games my whole life.

I got the Altered Beast bundle back in the day, it rocked.....I think I had the gaming bug more than you guys though. When I was like 4 (before we got the genny...it was like summer of 88-89) I ran away to my uncles house (about 1 mile up the road) and just walked in and played his Nintendo. Then, I ran away to the daycare in the next town over (a good 5-6miles) I never made it to the daycare though.....a cop picked me up after about 2 miles of walkin. My parents said I wasn't even scared and I wouldn't stop buggin the guy to put the lights on and shit. haha, goodtimes.

*edit* post # 1337.......I am 1337 h4x0r! you are now :eek:wned

Attachments

• 1337.jpg
    1337.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 1337.jpg
    1337.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 150
17 :thumbs-up:

Oh yeah class quote I head from the Grumpy old men Christmas special on BFBS:

"And all you kids wanting the latest thing: Like a Sega Megadrive"

:eek:wned

Oh my god, I'm the oldest fart of them all :eek: I'm 31, so I guess I can honestly say I experienced the golden Sega 8-bit and 16-bit period in full glory. :D Heck, I was born when PONG came out and I even remember the time when Atari was succesful so old am I. Ok, now I'm depressed, but at least jeff-20 is 31 also. Cheers mate. :cheers ...and know I'm off for my afternoon nap, I feel a little tired. :sleep:

a 30 year old playing genesis is nostalgic... a 17 year old playing genesis is just too poor to afford the games of his generation.

Do these youngsters even know what "atari" is?

Originally posted by jeff-20@Dec 31, 2003 @ 07:10 PM

a 30 year old playing genesis is nostalgic... a 17 year old playing genesis is just too poor to afford the games of his generation.

Do these youngsters even know what "atari" is?

Give us a little credit... I've actually played on the thing. We had an Intellivision too...

You don't have to be 30 to remember Atari. Growing up, I had a bunch of friends whose brothers owned them. I have bought every Sega console brand new. And I am only 26.

yes jeff, we do. I am an avid Intellivision fan also...haha. I would say it's more nastolgic for us to play genesis that it is for you. That was our childhood.....u were into your teens when it came out. I know that in 15yrs genesis is still gunna give me a more nastolgic feeling than my GCN of XBox will....

Originally posted by BJammzz@Dec 31, 2003 @ 08:30 PM

yes jeff, we do. I am an avid Intellivision fan also...haha. I would say it's more nastolgic for us to play genesis that it is for you. That was our childhood.....u were into your teens when it came out. I know that in 15yrs genesis is still gunna give me a more nastolgic feeling than my GCN of XBox will....

I completely agree with you about the Genesis. It is sooo nastalgic. It was my first system. How could I ever forget about it?

Back