How old is SX ?

The website goes back at least to 2000, and I think it existed as a hosted web forum prior to that. To put it one way, we were around when myspace.com was an online storage provider and not a social networking site. ;)

ExCyber said:
The website goes back at least to 2000, and I think it existed as a hosted web forum prior to that. To put it one way, we were around when myspace.com was an online storage provider and not a social networking site. ;)

HAH! I remember that! They used to have a pig with wings as one of their images on the site... 50mb of free online storage per account. People actually had DC ISO's hosted on the site!

It's hard to say, I'll ask IceMan2k (IceDigger) one of these days. SX has had a few different homes like ExCyber mentioned.

The oldest I found off-hand was in 2000 too, but that doesn't seem "quite" right.

I came around in 2000 before the switch and the message board was already well established, so unless it grew exponentially immediately, it's at least 1999.

I could swear I remember it talking about Sega Cd Iso rips in 1999. It was to scd as smspower is to sms.

It was a well established site in 2002 when I originally joined as Falstaff (couldn't remember my old password so I re-registered as Falstaff48). I haven't posted for a few years (4 to be exact) but good to see the site is still going strong as ever.

ohh damn.

I've been away for such long time....

Everything changed.

I have a couple of questions. First of all - it looks to me it's a totally new forum compared to what it was in 2002. I remember it was an enermous community back then with thousands and thousands of posts. With a website and on... Where's the website? And where is IceMan2k?

Dark_Sol said:
ohh damn.

Everything changed.

I have a couple of questions. First of all - it looks to me it's a totally new forum compared to what it was in 2002. I remember it was an enermous community back then with thousands and thousands of posts. With a website and on... Where's the website? And where is IceMan2k?

Yeah, the site still has a pretty large forum with most of the posts from back when. The participation has really really dropped in recent years though.

We still have all the files for the site, but after the last account compromise they haven't been put back up yet -- no reason other then lack of time.

IceMan2k (Now IceDigger) left quite a while ago, and handed the site over to myself at the time.

daaamn sad to hear. SX was the best community EVER.

What other sega boards/sited are active now?

Looks like eidolon's inn is not too alive as well.

racketboy grew into a community of himself.... others?

heh, I remember gallstaff. He used to ask me car questions all the time. I have no idea what happened to him. I talk to Pearl Jammzz on aim several times a week. In fact, he was going to come to my wedding in 2007, but ended up having to work.

I guess people move on with their lives. Gaming, while fun, takes a lot of time and the only ones with a lot of free time on their hands are young single people. Then again there was a lot of drama here in the past. 5 or 6 years ago people were getting banned left and right. Some of it seemed to be personality related. And my impression at the time was the site was having a major hiccup attack. I also have to add that there were several female gamers on the site at the time and everyone of them were chased away for one reason or another. It was too bad. They added another level to the site. But, I am glad the site survived/survives. I even recognize a few names from those times that are still around.

Dark_Sol said:
ohh damn.

Everything changed.

I took a few minutes and posted some of the old content, and hopefully will get around to doing more later.

The old content posted so far is related to saturn dev, and is only part of the old content. It can be found in a new sub-forum under Technical > Saturn > Resources.

Heh.

I remember I used to live here. I used to look forward to seeing responses to my posts. Kind of pathetic when I think about it, but still nostalgic.

Having a life keeps me away from here these days... but I miss the time when I did nothing at all but scrounge the web and play videogames all day.

Okay, maybe not.

Back