How The F*** do I use/make fonts files?

mrkotfw

Mid Boss
i just wanna make a simple font, how do i make it? how do i use it? is there examples? dont know, slPrint("",slLocate(xpos,ypos)); work with it? how do i include it? i got all the tools i got but do i use bmp format then convert? dont know? can i use other fonts from other games?

You should check the sgl tutorial, p8-50 (ascii scrolls). There is a (bad) code sample in it. You'll have to convert your bmp file containing all chars in the usual map/cel/pal arrays.

Can I get the source? for that emu? kinda wanna make my own intro.... i got an idea of relinking my demo to run first then the normal file...

for example:

cotton_boomerang->0.bin - i then rename it to 0z.bin

so my 0.bin demo can run first then load 0z.bin dont worry i wont do this to release games (Just for me...) heh...

If you've been following this threadyou would know that linking to a secondary executable hasn't been easy for us. Unless you have already done this, in that case we'd really apreciate your help in the thread ^^;

If I were you, I'd read the scroll tutorial. Then I'd make a image with 8 pixels width and height as long as needed to take all letters and symbols in the the original letters (that have an 8x8 pixel size). Save it as a .RAW, unpalleted 8-bit image, and load it over where the ASCII scroll is located.

Anyway, you can download the Phoenix Emulator source code in this link:

http://smsemu.emuunlim.com/

Incidentally, Dagolar's is the author of the SMS emu linked in the Saturn Dev that works on a real Saturn, and he deserves the title of one of the first guys to get anything half-complex working on this hell-powered machine.

Yes, /me praises the saturn dev god ... ||| well so your saying is make a 8x8 image with the letter A, and call it say, a.raw , then b.raw, then c.raw ... then load it up with SGL SCROLL..... unpallete it? heh??? dunno.... i'll try... listen i dont think its so hard to link stuff i'll try to be the first succesfull to do this
smile.gif
im gonna try cotton boomerang 2 k? heheh thanks taka & vreuzon...

yes, but no.

You have to draw all your letters in one bitmap, divided into 8x8 squares, one for each char. Then, convert into a raw bitmap, or a C array to include in your program.

Small question: What you try to add an intro to is Cotton 2, right? Because I don't know Cotton Boomerang 2 even existed, or are these two games the same?

mmmmm ...

well what im trying to do is instead of the normal 0.* to load i will then make my demo load first then once my demo intro is finished it will go to the normal game... get it
smile.gif
? kinda like psx dev but its on the saturn
smile.gif

Originally posted by nescphp@Jan. 24 2003, 8:05 pm

mmmmm ...

well what im trying to do is instead of the normal 0.* to load i will then make my demo load first then once my demo intro is finished it will go to the normal game... get it
smile.gif
? kinda like psx dev but its on the saturn
smile.gif

In other words you want everyone to hate you for making them suffer through your demo before they can play the game.

I don't know but I was never happy about demos in games.

I think demos are cool. If you can make a stand alone demo sometime in the future that would be great as I am having a saturn demo contest in a couple months with a VERY nice prize.
cool.gif

No, No, No, Im not going to make 'releases' no... what im gonna do is for my own rips as in: i download a game: i then insert my demo and thats it i wont release it, i just wanna impress my friends... but how am i gonna make a demo with ugly default text ? lol so far its going good. ICEman2k count me in!!! i want saturn scene to live (dead? ahahaha) a nice prize ? woooo! oh also even if i did release it i would have a 'ESC' button so they wont have to suffer (mmmm L trigger) oh i also love demos on a psx/dc game before it loads (i F**** love it) its not annoying at all... i love it, i love it! hahaha resident evil 3 *patch* <- damn i love it

Back