How the hell do you use Satconv

It should run from windows...

When you boot the machine up (and I'm assuming you're using Win 9x here) press F8 just before it says "Starting Windows 95..." (or something). This should bring up a menu with a bunch of choices. Choose "Safe mode with Command Prompt" (or something). Change to the directory with SatConv and try again.

It needs to be run from a console (i.e. an MS-DOS prompt on 95/98/ME, and cmd on NT/2K/XP). If you double-click satconv.exe, it looks like it's crashing but it's actually just done running (it only ran long enough to print out a list of commandline options) and Windows automatically closed the console window.

Thanks ExCyber, thats what was happening...but I got impatient and just burned it, lucky for me it was the US version....Lockecole ported that program to Mac, and its amazing how different they run..

Thanks ExCyber, thats what was happening...but I got impatient and just burned it, lucky for me it was the US version....Lockecole ported that program to Mac, and its amazing how different they run..

thats cause i dunno how to make the mac accept arguments before the program is executed (like the command line) which is why i opted to allow the user to input the disc image name once the program had been loaded and began execution.

besides, im not too fond of command line arguments anyway. one day i'll learn the mac toolbox and implement the nice interface in binchunker for mac.

Back