How to burn these friggen files

Gallstaff

Established Member
I don't know how to burn this kind of cd image.

It came in a single rar and it's file game.001 all the way through game.047 and then an sfv which I dont need

Thats all it came with. How do I burn it?

I'd guess the game was compressed twice, once in small chunks and then again, collecting all the bits into one archive for easier distribution. I suppose the rationale for using small archives is that in case of a transfer error you only have to retransmit one part, but it's a waste of time when using P2P networks which do it automatically. Or maybe someone just really really likes floppy disks.

lol, that renaming is not strictly necessary.. you could have selected the 001 and "open with" winrar 😛

most of the times those 001-0xx are rar archives.. 😛

oh fugg. Well i did try that but it says i dont have game.r00 when i try to extract the contents ... which i dont, yet when i open it it says the arhcive is complete.

What gives?

EDIT: Ah nvermind it didnt ask me that when i just selected open with instead of changing the file name

if you change the filename to use the .rar convention it will expect files to be named r01 r02 etc. If you use .001 it expects 002 003. You can't mix and match. What I did was to simply choose the open with option on the right click menu (by selecting the 001 file). Then in the list of programs picking winrar and making sure that the "always use this program for this type" checkbox was checked. That way from then on 001 files were associated with winrar.

Back