How to convert Dracula X PCM files to WAV?

hello

anyone know how to do that? i tested RB_SaturnPCM.EXE converter but not really working...

another question, is it possible to identify the sample rate of a PCM?

oh well any tips for ripping those Dracula X musics are welcome

thanks

Originally posted by Tid@Fri, 2005-04-15 @ 09:36 AM

hello

anyone know how to do that? i tested RB_SaturnPCM.EXE converter but not really working...

another question, is it possible to identify the sample rate of a PCM?

oh well any tips for ripping those Dracula X musics are welcome

thanks

[post=132901]Quoted post[/post]​

You might want to take a look at this discussion:

http://forums.segaxtreme.net/index.php?showtopic=15471

What means "not really working"?

The only Saturn sound file format for which I don't know a way to convert it is ACX.

For raw headerless PCM, you can only guess and try different samplerates and bit resolutions with RB_SaturnPCM.EXE or with

Saturn SoundPlayer on the console itself by swapping in the Dracula X CD or burning the files on the CD-R.

the problem is the music is converted but there is a terrible background noise, changing sample rate dont seems to help

i use mono 16 22050 settings

here u can find the PCM i'm trying to convert

the music in Dracula X is headerless and ADPCM if i recall correctly, and stereo - most likely 44,1khz is the sampling rate, judging from the quality. I don't know of any utils that could convert them though.

Originally posted by Tid@Fri, 2005-04-15 @ 06:11 PM

i use mono 16 22050 settings
[post=132928]Quoted post[/post]​

It's definitely stereo and not mono according to a quick analysis of the PCM file with a hex editor. See attached pic.

Attachments

• SD14.PNG
    SD14.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 104
  • SD14.PNG
    SD14.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 99
Originally posted by Borisz@Sun, 2005-04-17 @ 12:07 PM

it's definetaly stereo after playing the game too.

[post=132963]Quoted post[/post]​

Have you tried opening it as raw ADPCM data using Adobe Audition? I ended up using that at a later date when pulling all the audio out of Gulliver Boy for Saturn.

Relevant post from a few years ago

The gulldump script was the end result. Youll need to scan the file with WinHex though, but maybe you can find a better way to locate song starts and ends.

Also, this is a total shot in the dark, but you might want to look at the ScummVM tools too. They have a tool for unpacking these kinds of huge PCM audio files (they use it to repack the 160MB voice files in Ogg format for playing Lucasarts games)

I don't have Adobe Audition, so I couldn't check it. There are a fuckton of ADPCM codecs out there though, and I wouldn't be surprised if the game would use something entirely costum.

Or headerless DUCK 4bit files.

Back