How to encode videos to be played on real hardware?

Hey y’all, so anyways I want to use avitosaturn so I can encode my own videos for the saturn but here’s the thing, when I try to do that, it converts it into a cpk file. Idk how to make it into a iso image so can you guys help me please!

Hey y’all, so anyways I want to use avitosaturn so I can encode my own videos for the saturn but here’s the thing, when I try to do that, it converts it into a cpk file. Idk how to make it into a iso image so can you guys help me please!
This is probably what you're looking for:

UPDATE: so anyways i tried making my own iso with cinepack encoded stuff for the saturn but here is the thing, when i pop it into the Saturn it gives me a error, the error says "This Disc Is Unsuitable For The System" or something like that IDK What to do anymore, so can you guys help me please!

You need a flashcart (like PSK) or an ODE to play non-official games.

You need a flashcart (like PSK) or an ODE to play non-official games.

I also used the mkisofs program just to create the iso for the Saturn so maybe it is not bootable on a retail Saturn. I also used the swap disc trick for the disc to work.

I also used the mkisofs program just to create the iso for the Saturn so maybe it is not bootable on a retail Saturn. I also used the swap disc trick for the disc to work.
it doesn't really matter how you make your disc, without some way to bypass the copy protection, it's not going to boot even if it's otherwise completely valid. With the age of Saturn disc drives, I really don't recommend the swap trick - which isn't even fool proof on it's own.

On the other hand, the suggestion to try an emulator is a good one because they don't enforce copy protection and you can try multiple times without damaging your real hardware. If you are getting an error with an emulator, maybe the disc format you are choosing is not compatible either with the real Saturn or the emulator.

it doesn't really matter how you make your disc, without some way to bypass the copy protection, it's not going to boot even if it's otherwise completely valid. With the age of Saturn disc drives, I really don't recommend the swap trick - which isn't even fool proof on it's own.

On the other hand, the suggestion to try an emulator is a good one because they don't enforce copy protection and you can try multiple times without damaging your real hardware. If you are getting an error with an emulator, maybe the disc format you are choosing is not compatible either with the real Saturn or the emulator.
also when i try to compile the cinepack program, it gives me a error, the error says: make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/sbl6/segasmp/lib/strt1_g.o', needed by 'main.cof'. Stop.

IDK What to do anymore so can you help me please?

I have no idea, but commenting to follow. My thinking was to get a video CD card for it, then convert anything I want to watch to MPEG-1. As far as booting it, I was hoping that throwing anything on my Fenrir drive might cut the mustard, but I have no idea how these things work. For a Cinepak, you might have to inject it into a game that has an opening intro video, or something.

There IS a cinepak player démo that would do thé job . But for sure a MPEG card would bé thé easiest way

Back