How to mod a 21 pin Saturn

I'm about to get my modchip from jandaman, and I've read over this very helpful thread.

I have a 32pin Saturn, round buttons.

When I get the chip all I have to do is remove the blue wire, bridge points A and B, solder red (5v) to power supply, and install the chip into the ribbon cable slot, right. If it doesn't work, then de-bridge 0014 and bridge 0019 instead, right?

Does this all sound correct?

Also, if I were to leave A and B unbridged, and decided to solder to the pin of the 32pin chip (what is that chip, anyway?), to which pin to I solder the wire?

I know these are basic, but I just want to be absolutely sure of things.

On the bridge method, when u connect points A and B, do the 2 points of the blue wire have to be soldered, or can i connect the 2 points of the blue wire with electrical tape? Same goes with soldering the red wire to the 5v, is it possible to connect the red wire to the 5v with electric tape?

You might have problems getting electrical tape to keep the wires held to the modboard tightly, so youd end up with a bad connection, I'd solder that.. but I got away with just wedging the 5V red wire into the connector area, didnt even use tape.

With bridging points A and B, take off the blue wire completely and put a small blob of solder on the two, making sure they connect.

With the red wire, you can probably get away with just sticking it in the power slot, but since there is no need to be careful there, it doesn't hurt to stick a big blob of solder down there.

:damn: i got 2 saturns one with oval button 21 pin and one with round buttons.. i bough the modchip from lik-sang .. i put it on the oval one first it didnt work. then i took the chip out and my saturn original didnt want to work. what it shows is the intro and then it stays for long loading the menu, the cd dont spin. when the menu comes up it says "checking disc format" and the 2 cubes are green. need help on how to make it work.. and i know it works because one day i open it again and it put it back together and it work then next time i tried another one it mess up..

My other problem is the round button saturn. i install the chip. its being working fine for one week today i played it at 3pm at 6pm i tryed playing it again. the cd wont spin, says checking disc format, and the 2 cubes are green.. <== really need

to fix this one can someone help me out please..

looks like the modboard connection to the mainboard is faulty.

My modboard has to be pushed left to work without probs.. when its connection failed I had that exact probs.

I fix the one with the oval button.... ;)

now what about with the round button with the chip inside.

did the chip fry?

i want my saturn back somebody help fast :bs

:puke: ps2 sucks ps2 :smash:

ps2 :flamethrower:

hello all

read through this entire thread, but found no working pictures of points A+B, or any completed working mods.

anyone care to send me the pics? is this thread mirrored somewhere?

i also have one of the sanyo drive units with the PC Trap. i've never seen anything like that before, and the system itself didn't seem to work....i don't have it plugged in right now, but i know that whatever was wrong with it dealt with the drive.

if someone has closeup pics of this unit, modded or not, especially of the connections to and from the PC-Trap, i'd appreciate it. i have a feeling that there is a connection missing, but have no proof of it.

thank you all

Only 1 person has ever modded a sanyo cd board saturn. Chances are you didn't do anything wrong, it's just that no one knows exactly what to do.

I'll see what I can do about some mod pics soon.

My 56k modem died a couple of weeks ago and I'm still waiting on an ADSL connection. <_<

(I'm only able to post from work ATM)

what i am most concerned with is the A+B connection points...none of the pix that showed this connection are working and all links to pix are broken of dead.

i also wanted to know if anyone has gotten mod boards that work on the 32-leg CD-Roms chips from any place since game gizmo closed down....i ordered a lot of chips from there but now i'm down to 2. the only place i seem them anymore for a reasonable price is at Lan Kwei....lik sang stopped selling them it seems.

as for the Sanyo cd-board saturn, i bought the unit knowing it was defective....i haven't tried to mod it yet, i just want to see pix of a working unit to see if i am missing any connections.

thank you all, please contact me at AMurderOfCrows@juno.com if you get the pix workign again

thanx for the reply, but you must have missed what i was saying

i know how to normally modify the saturn with a mod board...what i need are pix of the A+B method, which it seems no site shows anymore.....the method that started this thread

i also want to see pix of a working Sanyo Saturn unit with the PC Trap board installed

lastly, i'd like info from users about the quality and function of the mod boards from wherever they get them now...Lan Kwei or Jandaman....someone have proof of these boards working with 32 pin saturn cd controller chips?

thank you

AFAIK all mods work just fine with the 32 pin Saturns.

There may be the odd one or two that don't seem to work, but I'd put that down to installation errors or a random faulty mod.

I have already posted these pics on some other thread.. but here they are:

06-mchip-f-noblu.png

05-mchip-b-noblu.png

YO nobody answere my question .... wtf is wrong man ... i ma break all ya legs

sobody help me ALRIGHT!!!!!!! :bs

I was playing fine for 2 weeks with my saturn chip ... one day it stop working the cd wont spin ... can somebody tell me if my chip burn or what ??

i took the ribbon cable off and put it without the chip and the saturn works .. when i put back with the chip it dont please help and dont skipt my question again....

thank you..

:puke: ps2

Back