How to play imports?

OKay I have my Saturn modded but it wont play import games or anything.

I was wondering if I have to do something with the channels in the Saturn menu to be able to play them. I think it's default is 01. I don't even know what it's suppose to do so is there anyone out there that can help me.

I know it's not the mod chip cuz I've been on sites all over and it's connected the right way.

The mod chip only allows you to play copies not imports. Look in the misc section on how to play imports.

you can get a cart for like 10.00 that will get the sat to do imports or u can mod it too. modchips dont play imports, only backups, unless ur ordering from xinga. if u mean the backups wont play jap games, u can fix that by using sat conv in the help section. u can also get a cd that will modify the saturn to play imports at the phone # in my sig

Originally posted by muffinman943@Feb 16, 2004 @ 08:27 AM

modchips dont play imports, only backups, unless ur ordering from xinga.

AFAIK no currently available mods will also allow you to play imports.

Okay so if it wont play copied games, and it wont play imports...then what the hell is a mod chip even for! lol

I mean I have one copied game, one import, and all my Saturn plays are my normal games. What's the deal with a mod chip that doesn't do anything.

Sorry, missed the "or anything" bit and only saw the reference to imports.

A mod chip is for playing games on CDR - if yours isn't working I suggest is double checking the installation. The fact that it still plays originals makes me think it's nothing to do with the mod. It could that your copied game isn't burnt properly.

What error, if any, do you get when you try to play the copy?

It just comes up with an error message saying it's not the right format or it can't read it. I got an ISO of Gaurdian Heroes and it wont play it for some reason. Is there any special way you have to burn the CD-R other then an image?

just to make sure im reading this right...... did you burn the .iso file into the cdr? (like...... just by it self when you put it in your computer cdrom) and not like a bunch of tracks and folders)?

what files did you get with it? was there mp3? cue sheet?

Perhaps it's a bad rip then.

Unless, of course, you're still burning the game incorrectly. *shrug*

It has the audio tracks on, a cue, and an ISO all in the RAR.

I burnt the ISO to disk like you normaly would with Alcohol 120%. So It's not just the ISO on the CD-R I actually burnt it correctly from my knowlege. I haven't made any Saturn copies though so maybe I am doing it wrong. You guys tell me.

I've never used Alcohol 120%, but some IIRC some people have encountered problems with it, but I think that's only with bin/cues.

I use either CDRWin or Nero.

Paraphrased from the CDRWIN Users Guide:

1. From the main toolbar, click the Record Disc icon

2. Click Load Cuesheet

3. Select your cuesheet and click Open

4. Set your recording options (burning speed etc)

5. Click Start Recording

To load the cue sheet in Nero:

1. File --> Burn Image...

2. Change File type to All Files (*.*)

3. Locate and load the cue sheet

Once the cue sheet has been loaded, the rest should be self-explanatory.

Is the iso from a different region or is it of the same region? Cause if you have a japanese game playing on a US (or EU) saturn, you need the modchip AND a import-capable cartridge. Might as well get a 4in1 cartridge so you can play the 4meg and 1meg games too.

Well I have that program that turns the ISO into a US one. So I used that after it didn't work normally. I know the game is already a US one though, I just tried it to make sure.

Even through all that I tired NERO as well and that still didn't work.

As you are sure that you are doing nothing wrong, it must be a bad rip.

Try getting it again from somewhere else.

I also keep getting currupted CDRWIN .exe's for some reason, If anyone has the .exe for XP I'll be on AIM. Could somebody please send it to me.

Back