How to play Soul Caliber Video from SegaExtreme ?

Can anyone say me which codec or player i need to play the "Soul Caliber" Video from the Sega Extreme Site ?

Thx for your Answers :)

in explorer, right click on the file and select properties.

then go to the summary tab.

it will tell you what codec it needs

You need the DivX codec as indicated by the Format on the download page.

Attachments

• soulcalibur.gif
    soulcalibur.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 81
  • soulcalibur.gif
    soulcalibur.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 76
Originally posted by racketboy@Oct 20, 2003 @ 01:30 AM

in explorer, right click on the file and select properties.

then go to the summary tab.

it will tell you what codec it needs

Actually this is not an accurate method of determining exactly what codec was used. Its only really an issue with xvid (certain builds) and uncommon codecs, where it lists it as something generic or weird. Also with some xvid builds, it can't be properly decoded by other builds, but I haven't seen that much.

Anyway, I recommend GSpot for that sort of thing. BUT, as Akuma said, it lists the codec - which is DivX. Easy enough.

Thx for the answers :)

I already have DIVX Codec 5.1, but WinMediaplayer says an "unkown error" and the DIVX Player from that site only plays until 1:23 after that time the vid stops :(

Hehe, I'm getting 1:25 with Media Player Classic as well. What you could do is fix it as follows:
  • Open the video with VirtualDub. You may get the following messages:

soul1.gif

soul2.gif

• Click OK.
  • Go into Video menu and set it to "Direct stream copy".
  • Go into Audio menu and set it to "Full processing mode".
  • Go into Audio menu again and set it to "Source audio".
  • Go into Audio menu again --> Compression... --> MPEG Layer-3 --> 192 kBit/s, 32,000 Hz, Stereo --> OK.

soul3.gif

• File --> Save as AVI... --> enter a new name when prompted (e.g., "soulcalibur_fixed.avi" ^^; ) --> Save. You should then see the following status window:

soul4.gif

• When done, you should have a 39.0MB AVI file and the playback length should be 04:55. Double click on it to play. :)

soul5.jpg

Back