How will RPG's work?

What do you think of the Revolution?

• Awesome! I'm reserving it no matter how empty my piggy bank may get!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This looks pretty cool! After I get my XBOX 360 and PS3 I give this thing a shot.

• Well, it's Nintendo so sure why not I'll buy it...

• Now Nintendo is getting too innovative for me, I'll buy it I hear it's really good and really cheap.

• RUN AWAY!

• Total voters
How will RPG's work? Will you have to swing your sword for every attack? Geez... 100 hours of swinging my arms? I sure hope not...

Yeah, but naturally you won't be playing for 100 hours straight will you? :)

Might be few hours at a time, but I suppose even then that would be tiring.

It's a good question actually...I'm not too sure. They might actually lose out slightly on the new controller or they may simply have an option were you can chose to either slice your enemy to bits...or press buttons instead.

Unless they bring about another add-on to the controller...I'm not sure. Like I said, good question...

Its all up to the developers to see how they encorporate the new controller. Im guessing Nintendo will have to go at it alone, using their new technology and pushing it the fullest, while the other developing companies huddle behind Microsoft and Sony and ride their coat tails all the way to the bank with thier modified SNES controllers. Nintendo is one of the bravest companies i know, and thats why they'll always have me as a loyal customer.

i just can't wait to see something "revolutionary", haven't seen anything really pass the first 3D console (n64) and now nintendo is doing it again.

Berserker said:
Yeah, but naturally you won't be playing for 100 hours straight will you? :)

That would be quite the workout. Is that worth it? Maybe, if you want big arms. Need a DDR pad to get a balanced workout. Dunno what you would need for the midsection, though.

Maybe we can see Super Mario Aerobics in the near future, or Super Mario Yoga.

According to developers, it's not like that at all. The revmote is quite light, and apparently it's not harder than using a mouse for extended periods of time.

For RPG's, of course we will see the Revmote used as a mouse to do menus etc, but I can't wait to see some of the more inventive things. Waving a magic wand for your spells anyone?

PlasmaDavid said:
According to developers, it's not like that at all. The revmote is quite light, and apparently it's not harder than using a mouse for extended periods of time.

It's not so much as weight that would be any problem for extended use, it would be use itself. Wave a feather around for a long time and your arm will still get tired. And since we would need to use an array of motions with our arms with the Revmote, I'm sure our arms are going to get tired faster than using a mouse, which we move only on a flat plane with a lesser amount of direction possibilities.

Also has been said that the whole arm motion thing has been exagerated in the minds of fans. Get a laser pointer and point it at your TC screen pretending it's the "mouse" and see how much you have to move your entire arm to get it to do what you want. 100% Nintendo doesn't make products that people would not want to use.... *pushes touch screen and Metroid Hunters behind a curtain behind him*

Exaggerated or not, there's bound to be some developers (including Nintendo) that will implement a full range of motions to use for their games using the Revmote. Maybe we exaggerated that thought because of all the moving they did in the video shown at TGS last September. And even if there's no motion needed, fans are going to move anyways, I've seen people twitch just playing with a regular controller. The Revmote can measure its tilt and yaw, unlike a mouse which only moves on a flat surface, so there's got to be some arm motion involved.

Of course. But I'm defiantly not worried that my arm is going to get too sore to play. Maybe the first week, but after you get used to it I'm positive it will be no different from say "omg teh suxbox controllzorz is so big!!1 how do u hold it up for so long?" (just mocking super fanboys in general)

Like I said, Nintendo aren't going to release something they haven't tested the guts out of and can't be used by the entire audience.

Yeah, people do exaggerate playing with the Xbox controller. I played it at a friend's house and the only problem I had with it was it was a bit bulky.

Nintendo is trying to target a big audience, but they are also trying to be innovative as well. To get that big audience, they would have to be innovative. Using full body motions would help get that target audience, rather than the regular button pressing.

Back