I don't really like eBay that much anymore

Dud

Established Member

I keep getting ripped off, all of this within the past couple of months:

Brand-new Xbox....................$140 shipped

Shenmue II - Dreamcast........$35

Ninja Gaiden - Xbox...............$37

Does anyone else have as shitty luck as I do?

Never got "ripped off", always worked flawlessly, I have a beautiful romance with eBay.

My sister got ripped off; I too was cheated, but the safe harbor thing worked out in my favor thankfully. I'm avoiding using eBay if I can help it, and besides, it's getting to the point that there aren't 'deals' like there used to be, years ago (member since '97).

Yeah I'll agree with the "not many deals" thing.

I'm a long-time eBayer and I haven't seen too many outstanding deals either.

But it's a great place to find stuff that would otherwise be impossible to find/sell locally.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jun 3, 2004 @ 11:30 AM

Shenmue II Dreamcast = 35$? PAL or J-NTSC? If it's the Japanese version, then yes, that is a rip, if it's the PAL, then that's actually not that bad. I bought it from a friend of mine at at school for $30 (Complete). Was yours complete?

While you aren't getting THAT good of deals, at least you're saving some money ($10 on the 'Box, $13 on Ninja Gaiden).

Do those prices include shipping?

Also, I avoid eBay. Simply due to the fear of being outbid and crap.

Go Half.com! That's where I buy all my stuff.

Originally posted by Cloud121+Jun 3, 2004 @ 02:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ Jun 3, 2004 @ 02:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mountaindud@Jun 3, 2004 @ 11:30 AM

Shenmue II Dreamcast = 35$? PAL or J-NTSC? If it's the Japanese version, then yes, that is a rip, if it's the PAL, then that's actually not that bad. I bought it from a friend of mine at at school for $30 (Complete). Was yours complete?

While you aren't getting THAT good of deals, at least you're saving some money ($10 on the 'Box, $13 on Ninja Gaiden).

Do those prices include shipping?

Also, I avoid eBay. Simply due to the fear of being outbid and crap.

Go Half.com! That's where I buy all my stuff. [/b][/quote]

All those prices were after shipping was applied. It was PAL Shenmue but he gave me CD-Rs.

ouch -- $35 for CDRs? report him to eBay and Paypal

you should get your money back

What was his ratings like? Never buy (especially Dreamcast) games from eBay sellers with low ratings unless -- especially if they don't have a picture of the actual original discs they are selling.

You mean to tell me you bought all these things and didn't get them? Or what? Obviously you got SII, since you said they were CDRs. Hopefully you turned his ass in to eBay for selling pirated stuff and demanded your money back (assuming you didn't know this in advance.. cuz then, well, yeah). Hell, that's about what I spent for the real deal. As for everything else, meh. Yeah, eBay doesn't have any good deals unless you can catch a low Buy-It-Now price. But like racketboy said, it's a good place to get things I can't find in this area. Or maybe even a good deal on a package system with games and other accessories. But I haven't used eBay in forever.

All those things I listed never came. Except for Shenmue II--if I reported him to eBay I'd only get like $10 back, because there is a fee for filing claims. He'll be gone soon enough, with all the negative feedbacks he got . (his feedback)

What's all this crap about no good deals on eBay? If you save $15 on everything you buy it adds up really quick.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jun 3, 2004 @ 05:10 PM

All those things I listed never came. Except for Shenmue II--if I reported him to eBay I'd only get like $10 back, because there is a fee for filing claims. He'll be gone soon enough, with all the negative feedbacks he got . (his feedback)

Wow, 6 out of his 7 negatives were received within the past month. He's on a roll. :lol:

he moves quick -- you'd kinda have to

the art of not getting ripped off is to be picky about your sellers.

Always check feedback and always check what else they have for sale or have recently sold. The main thing this guy sells is a bootleg copy of the Dawn of the Dead 25th anniversary Monroeville tour. (I was there when they shot it, lol.) It was a limited release item that is suppossed to be off the market now.

ritual do you know where livermore pa is i want to take a summer trip their but i'm almost damn sure it's near pit. (it's a city that was flooded off the map and supposedly haunted also night of the living dead's openning sceen was filmed at it's graveyard)

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Jun 3, 2004 @ 08:29 PM

....maybe I could track him down and beat him for you?

:smash

If you could that would be nice. :flamethrower:

Apparently someone got ripped on this.

2,300 dollars?? I don't know about you, but I would never, ever spend that kind of money on eBay. :looney

I think it's ridiculous, especially if the seller doesn't have much feedback.

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Jun 3, 2004 @ 11:10 PM

Apparently someone got ripped on this.

2,300 dollars?? I don't know about you, but I would never, ever spend that kind of money on eBay. :looney

I think it's ridiculous, especially if the seller doesn't have much feedback.

I saw that too. 😱 That REALLY sucks.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jun 3, 2004 @ 05:30 PM

I got Ninja Gaiden in mint condition off ebay for $34 shipped, arrived in like 5 days. Ebay is wonderful, but you have to show great caution. Assuming the Xbox is really new and sealed, that's not a bad deal at all, if you recieved it ok. Although, you can get tested used ones here for $120.

Sometimes you can get some really killer deals on items from ebay, and yes there are stolen goods on there, and yes that is part of why.

Heh... all that guy sells is pirated crap. I look at an auction, "Dreamcast with two controllers, and thirty games!"

Too bad only THREE of them are original...

Back