I finally installed the modchip

Man this feels great i was at first getting the materals together for a Sega Saturn with all modifications. Then along game lordofduct and i bought the whole lot off him. However i still had a white saturn and modchip bought previously off Racketboy. So thought i'd take another stab at installing the modchip even though the last Saturn got totalled :D. However this time i got myself a thin soldering iron

and i got it all installed. However it wouldn't work i was at it for ages testing the wires. However i realised that the modchip wasn't inserted fully into the Saturn. It was quite tough it felt as though it wasn't going to fit, but i pushed a little more in and finally the cd laser started to move and i knew it that the modchip worked.

I just gotta say its been great. I had a collection of games i previously downloaded off Emuchina's Saturn Channel. I got a lot of the most sought after games like .

Strikers 1945 and Radient Silvergun. I previously put the old Saturn away because i thought i might be damaging the laser so now i feel extra happy i spent all day just playing all the great Saturn games. The games i never really got to enjoy when they first came out because none of those games came out in the uk. It felt so great to play games like xmen vs streetfighter , radiant silvergun and castlevania, I otherwise might not have been able to play.

Although i am replacing the games slowly with originals. Back when i first burned the games there was no way i could afford the games at the time.

I mean my eyes still nearly pop when i see Radiant Silvergun on Ebay for 300 pounds. I'll end by saying the Saturn was a great console my favourite of them all. Its a shame the general population didn't get to see some of its greatest games, like Radient Silvergun , Xmen Vs Streetfighter and Dead or Alive

Congrats!

It is an awfully nice feeling to get one modded :)

Also cool about picking up some originals... maybe once I get a new job, I'll be able to do the same :)

Back