I got a new job! Woohoo!

racketboy

Established Member
As some of you know, I finally finished college last May, but the last month and a half I've been sitting around being unemployed with nothing but the modchip sales to pay the bills.

But I just had an interview for a graphic design job at a ReMax office and got a call back a few hours later offering me the job.

It's just a part-time gig right now, but it's better than nothing. Plus I really wanted something different to do instead of programming. I really love graphics work and this will give me some new experience to put on my resume. (even if I start out with half the pay and half the hours of my last job)

I'm still waiting for another full-time job to work out so I can get insurance, but we'll see how that goes.

But as for now, I start out on Thursday.

Congratulations!

I know what it's like looking for a job for over a month, that's the boat I'm in right now.

They will have to shoot me before I leave this job!!!

Congrats Racketboy... anything that puts a plus on your resume is atleast worth.

Sell your soul to the government like I did. Starting pay is higher than average private sector for techies.

Originally posted by Saturnstar@Mon, 2005-07-04 @ 07:04 PM

congrats man. what kind of graphics work???

[post=136278]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm working for a real estate place doing ads and magazine layout.

Also will be redesigning their website.

Every now and then I will be doing some video work as well.

Should be interesting since it's a good variety of stuff.

Back