I got a PlayStation!

That's what I meant. The majority of 2d fighters on the PSX aren't worth the disc they're on if you can get ahold of the Saturn version.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Sep 13, 2004 @ 12:38 PM

uh, to whoever said Final Fantasy 3 was bad... you're wrong. FF3 is the best FF game ever made. Square hasn't been able to touch the awesomeness of that game with all of their sequels.

You talking about FFVI for SFC?

More like the most overrated RPG ever behind Xenogears.

Sorry, FFVI is brilliant; that's probably why Kitase borrowed so much from it when he directed VII. I wouldn't say unqualified that it's the best FF game ever, but it's on the short list.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Sep 13, 2004 @ 05:38 PM

uh, to whoever said Final Fantasy 3 was bad... you're wrong. FF3 is the best FF game ever made. Square hasn't been able to touch the awesomeness of that game with all of their sequels.

He actually originally meant VIII AFAICT. You see, he was replying to Cloud's suggestion "list", and that was the only FF with a III in it, so we all just figured that he meant VIII. But since we're talking about it now, FF III USA, aka FF VI, is pretty good. Cloud was exposed to the PSX stuff first, so he's kind of tainted. But that's ok. It still didn't beat PS II or IV, and I'm sure that statement will suitably mollify Cloud.

As far as Lunar goes, I can't recommend the PSX versions if you have access to a Sega CD or suitable emulator + controller.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Sep 13, 2004 @ 10:13 PM

He actually originally meant VIII AFAICT. You see, he was replying to Cloud's suggestion "list", and that was the only FF with a III in it, so we all just figured that he meant VIII. But since we're talking about it now, FF III USA, aka FF VI, is pretty good. Cloud was exposed to the PSX stuff first, so he's kind of tainted. But that's ok. It still didn't beat PS II or IV, and I'm sure that statement will suitably mollify Cloud.

As far as Lunar goes, I can't recommend the PSX versions if you have access to a Sega CD or suitable emulator + controller.

Suitably what? :huh

Anyway, yes, Final Fantasy VII was the first FF game I played..

Actually, my first FF was FFIV, as I used to love watching my step-bro play the game (I'd always hum the airship music, and annoy the hell out of him :p). My first RPG was Super Mario RPG.

So what if I'm "tainted". Final Fantasy IV may be the best FF, but it's not nearly as good as PSIV. It comes close to PSII though...

Time Crisis - Project Titan

R-TypeDelta

International Karate Plus (IK+)

Tekken 2

Point Blank 3

MicroMachines V3

Einhander

Crash Team Racing (Mario Kart clone)

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Bishi Bashi Special

Meh, FFVII was my first FF, and after playing FFVI on emulators years later I can firmly say that I found nearly everything on it better than VII. I don't even compare graphics because they're on two totally different realms... but I found VI truly beautiful on it's own domain.

well, 6 and 7 are the only FF games i can stomach, and 6 is much better then 7 in my opinion and pushed that lil' box we call the SFC to its limits. But it gets REALLY boring a little after getting the airship all the way to the end where it finally picks back up. Its as if square wanted to add 5 hours of gameplay so they added tedious bullshit.

WOW! a playstation for five bucks. what a find. I found a sega genesis at the goodwill once for 3 bucks and thought that was a pretty sweet deal. :yum

My Faves

Resident Evil series

Silent Hill

Tekken series

Soulblade

Devil Dice

Ape Escape

Triple Play 97 :bow

International Karate Plus (IK+)

What!!?!@? There's a version of IK+ for the PSX? How does it compare to the C64/Amiga versions? And was this a Euro-only release or something?

HAHAHAHA.... ive always wanted to say that to him. He admited to always sleeping in english class. Wait, cloud, THATS why i wouldnt want to live in iowa, your education system is worst then FL, and thats BAD.

Originally posted by it290@Sep 15, 2004 @ 06:46 AM

What!!?!@? There's a version of IK+ for the PSX?  How does it compare to the C64/Amiga versions?  And was this a Euro-only release or something?

You mean the Atari ST/Amiga versions cause I never saw it for C64, yes its a very faithfull conversion I might say perfect, I think its PAL only. The game is still pretty fun and since Atari ST emulation just started on DC maybe one day we´ll play all this games on our DC ;)

Here are some pics:

IK+1

IK+2

IK+3

IK+4

Whoa! It looks just like the Amiga version... that's pretty rad. There is a C64 version available, actually you should try it out because it plays just as good as the 16-bit versions... and looks nearly as good as well. It also has some cool tunes as only the C64 can produce. One of the best C64 games available, bar none. Hmm.. oh yeah, IK+ on the DC would be sweet, although what would be really awesome is a 4-player version.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sep 15, 2004 @ 06:16 AM

HAHAHAHA.... ive always wanted to say that to him. He admited to always sleeping in english class. Wait, cloud, THATS why i wouldnt want to live in iowa, your education system is worst then FL, and thats BAD.

Worse than Florida? That's hard to imagine, judging from my niece and nephew when they first moved up here from Florida. They're still probably a bit behind, in some ways.

thats the irony

last year we had the lowest ranking graduation rate... something like 54% of us graduated. i know in my school alone, my class of 900 some odd students only 452 students actually graduated... awful, less then HALF. and im from your suburban nice towns in florida.

im happy i have genious parents who taught me not to listen to teachers and just read my school books. Oh and its great, makes it real easy to get strait A's and shove it in all the retards faces.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sep 16, 2004 @ 04:05 PM

im happy i have genious parents who taught me not to listen to teachers and just read my school books. Oh and its great, makes it real easy to get strait A's and shove it in all the retards faces.

Does that include an A in English? ;)

HAHAHAHA, yeah ive explained that before... meet my mum, and youll know why im such a rebel with my grammar. one day i may post my real writing and show you my true style of writing. ask cloud and tara theyve seen it before.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sep 16, 2004 @ 09:55 AM

HAHAHAHA, yeah ive explained that before... meet my mum, and youll know why im such a rebel with my grammar. one day i may post my real writing and show you my true style of writing. ask cloud and tara theyve seen it before.

I always attributed it to some sort of hatred you hold for the keyboard. Like you have to fight with it to get words to come out. :D

Back