i got Colour 60hz using RF

otherwise how the hell are you going to connect it to a megadrive 1.

With an MD2<->MD1 video cable. 32X needs an RGB signal to overlay onto; you can't just combine an RF signal in the same way.

edit: btw, Americans don't have SCART, and generally don't have RGB inputs in general. High-end sets here have RCA jacks for YUV video (introduced for DVD playback; MPEG-2 natively decodes to YUV so it's one less step in the output pipeline)

I'm Back!!!

1. Megadrive II has no Build in RGB (you need to do the add RGB mod to the megadrive II) Megadrive I has RGB onboard, so a RGB cable gives you color in 60Hz on a MD I on MD II a RGB cable want do the job alone.

2. If you connect your 32X to your MD II and put on rgb cable from 32x to TV you get color in 60Hz (now it is confirmed it gives also color with the r/f switch) :smokin: , but your 32X games will get sometimes fucked up cause the 32X isn't in 60Hz mode (We are talking here about a PAL system) :flamethrower:

3. (This is what i think, correct me if i'm wrong) History tells that France always get consoles WITH RGB build in, even on the cut down versions of the consoles, so if anybody from france can confirm me on that :) :unsure:

4. Get yourself a Megadrive I to play in 60Hz and Color :) :agree

5. Belgium Suxs if it comes to Sega stuff. :damn:

6. I'm From Belgium :devil

7. Goodnight and see you soon on my new homepage.

DjoeN

Megadrive II has no Build in RGB

Maybe in some territories, but considering that Gamestation X doesn't have an "add RGB" mod for it, I'm pretty sure RGB is a standard feature on the MD2.

3. (This is what i think, correct me if i'm wrong) History tells that France always get consoles WITH RGB build in, even on the cut down versions of the consoles, so if anybody from france can confirm me on that

I'm not from France, but I've seen some evidence to support this. First and foremost, France uses/used SECAM (as the joke goes, it stands for "Specially Engineered to Contradict Accepted Methods" :)), a composite video system that by all accounts I've heard is a tremendous pain in the ass and has poor color resolution -- rather than transmit YUV all in one line like PAL and NTSC, it transmits Y+U on one line, Y+V on the next, so the vertical color resolution is half the vertical brightness resolution.

If the MegaDrive II didn't have RGB outputs, then it wouldn't work with the 32X. My Genesis II has RGB and it isn't even all that useful here in the US. It's possible the Genesis III lacks RGB, but I don't have one so I can't say.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sep 23, 2003 @ 05:13 AM

otherwise how the hell are you going to connect it to a megadrive 1.

With an MD2<->MD1 video cable. 32X needs an RGB signal to overlay onto; you can't just combine an RF signal in the same way.

edit: btw, Americans don't have SCART, and generally don't have RGB inputs in general. High-end sets here have RCA jacks for YUV video (introduced for DVD playback; MPEG-2 natively decodes to YUV so it's one less step in the output pipeline)

When I read his post I thought he meant how are you going to get a Megadrive 1 + 32X system up and running on your TV. You have the MD1<->MD2 cable, which goes into the input on the 32X, and then you need a MD2 cable for output to the TV. Or is it somehow radically different with MD1 and 32x? I have US systems, so I use a stereo A/V cable.

Also, about the "RCA jacks for YUV video" aka Component, they are in a LOT of TVs now. My cheapo $200 Apex digital flatscreen (not PANEL) has 1 component, 2 s-video, and 2 A/V for a total of 5 seperate inputs, plus 1 A/V out. The only problem is they decided to make one of the S-video and the component share audio RCA jacks, but a couple of RCA Y-cables fixed that. Of course then I must avoid having both my DC and Xbox on at the same time, but I don't use more than one console at once on the same TV.

Edit: 1 of those A/V is an output... not an input. Of course.

Back