i have a game that double checks for protection.

mrkotfw

Mid Boss
well... i burned this 4 disc game, i poped it in and swapped. then the game intro started playing. after that the game then took me to the bios system and told me that game disc is not suitable for system, its a protection scheme, is there any way to go around it? i dont have enough money to buy a modchip.... any suggestions?
cool.gif

It might help if you told us which 4 disc game it was.
sarcasm.gif

I'm guessing that it's PDS, but telling us which one it is would be good.

panzer dragoon saga only has one security check

discworld's the only game i've run across so far that has 2

anyway

THE SWAP TRICK LISTED IN THE MISCELANEOUS SECTION IS WRONG!

which is to say, it works but it's picky

i can't remember who originally posted the swap trick that works more or less 100% of the time using any combination of "original" and copy but it goes as follows

stick in your copy, turn the saturn on

swap it for original when the motor stops (like it says in all the other swap trick faqs)

then leave the original in until the sega logo comes up

then hit reset

then swap back in the copy sometime after the orchetral hit that sounds when the first saturn logo comes together but before the string fades out, this'll take some practice

but with my trusty original copy of vf2 i've been able to successfuly load -every- copied saturn game i've ever burnt

-note 1, games that are really small isos and have very few or no mp3 tracks should be padded ie., cotton 1 & 2, paneleta

-note 2, make sure that you use satconv and thatthe games country code matches that of your system ie., us code for us saturn, jap code for jap saturn ect.

Why reset?

I used to just do the double swap and that worked for everything. If you want to play burnt stuff, just get a mod and do the A-B solder trick. It's almost too easy.

Originally posted by nescphp@Dec. 30 2002, 6:58 pm

well... i burned this 4 disc game, i poped it in and swapped. then the game intro started playing. after that the game then took me to the bios system and told me that game disc is not suitable for system, its a protection scheme, is there any way to go around it? i dont have enough money to buy a modchip.... any suggestions?
cool.gif

That message itself is telling you that the region code of the game doesn't match that of your Saturn. Take sizone's advice and patch the ISO of your game to the correct region code and reburn. Otherwise, you'll need to swap with one of the converter cartridges (e.g., ST-Key) plugged in to play.

<font color=#00ff00>Case Study</font></u>

Its panzer dragoon saga! you guessed it. but! its U=USA, it loads the intro movie, after the intro movie it moves the laser up and then returns me to the bios screen! i had this burned game for over 4 months without playing it. I really wanna play it
smile.gif

I re-ripped it, Then I ran BinChunker, SCanned for corruption; No errors. Then i used SATCONV it said:

AREA SYMBOLS: U

COMPATIBLE PERIPHERALS: AEFJK

VERSION : v1.000

PRODUCT NO. : MK-81307

GAME TITLE : J:AZEL PANZER DRAGOON RPG

Originally posted by nescphp@Dec. 31 2002, 5:08 am

Its panzer dragoon saga! you guessed it. but! its U=USA, it loads the intro movie, after the intro movie it moves the laser up and then returns me to the bios screen! i had this burned game for over 4 months without playing it. I really wanna play it
smile.gif

Sounds like the burned CD doesnt have the audio tracks...

Do you had a bin+cue rip, or an iso+mp3??

PDSaga Disc1:

1 DATA TRACK

2 AUDIO TRACKS

PDSaga Disc2:

1 DATA TRACK

2 AUDIO TRACKS

PDSaga Disc3:

1 DATA TRACK

2 AUDIO TRACKS

PDSaga Disc4:

1 DATA TRACK

3 AUDIO TRACKS

Originally posted by sizone@Dec. 30 2002, 9:46 pm

panzer dragoon saga only has one security check

discworld's the only game i've run across so far that has 2

anyway

There are actually quite a few saturn games that have multiple checks. Just about every Acclaim game has several of them. Heck by the time you finish Batman Forever (if you can stand it) you would have had to do at least 5 or 6 swaps.

hmm... what model is your Saturn? If it's a model II (with the harder swap trick) I'm willing to trade it for my model I, which is not moddable (tho I have plenty of dough for a modboard) but is easier to swap on...

maybe we can work something out, interested?

Back