i need help please

every game i burn have some sync problems for ex:in sakura wars if a character speaks then the his or her lips and the text below are not synced with the voice they seem to be 1 or 2 seconds late, all the games were burned in bin/cue format

i burned them in cdrwin on 1x speed, could it be that i just burn it too slow? i am using a trail version of cdrwin so 1x speed is the only way to go

if anyone can help me or atleast explain what can cause this problem i will be very thanksfull

That's odd alright....

One possible (although far-fetched) explanation is that the bin/cues are bad... or someone ripped them from a CD that was previously burned as iso/wav and had the audio-sync problem to begin with.

It might also happen if you burn your CD in TAO instead of DAO mode, although I don't see CDRWin even allowing you to burn a bin/cue image in TAO mode.

With TAO, all tracks are burned one by one, and 2-second gaps are inserted by the recorder. In DAO mode, the whole image is burned in one go without extra gaps.

Other than that, this is a very strange problem and I'm stabbing in the dark... You're not playing NTSC games on a PAL console, are you? If so, the 50Hz/60Hz issue *might* cause this problem...

Originally posted by soul@July 14 2002,19:15

every game i burn have some sync problems for ex:in sakura wars if a character speaks then the his or her lips and the text below are not synced with the voice they seem to be 1 or 2 seconds late, all the games were burned in bin/cue format

i burned them in cdrwin on 1x speed, could it be that i just burn it too slow? i am using a trail version of cdrwin so 1x speed is the only way to go

if anyone can help me or atleast explain what can cause this problem i will be very thanksfull

It's not burning too slow. In all cases, slower is actually better.

Also, if it were a 50/60Hz issue the lost of sync would be gradual - getting worse the longer a file played.

Try TAO (or DAO if you've used TAO already)

ok here's the thing, i am playing a ntsc game on a pal system but i don't think this a problem however i don't know anything about dao or tao if you guys could explain it to me please and also how do i change between them?

Curtis, he's playing NTSC games on a PAL console. That sounds definitely like a 50Hz/60Hz issue to me; he just wasn't precise in stating the problem...(too many people aren't).

TAO means track-at-once, where the CD recorder will write each track, stop, reposition itself and write the next track. This introduces a 2-second gap between all tracks, which is normally a bad thing but in your specific case could be a good thing.

DAO means disc-at-once, where the CD recorder writes the entire image to CD in one swoop fell without any pauses or breaks. This eliminates the above gaps. Usually the preferred method of burning. Also, most any CD-recording software will let you choose between TAO and DAO right before committing the actual burning process - just look at your options before hitting that 'OK' button.

Back to playing NTSC games on a PAL system, this CAN be a problem. If you're experiencing exactly the following...

*** animated sequence begins playing and voices and lip movements are at least for a moment, in sync - then start losing sync. Voices are heard *before* characters are seen speaking. Loss of sync gradually gets worse. ***

...then this is what's happening to you. It's caused by the animation being dependent on the rate of frames per second on TVs in your country, which is about 17% slower than in the USA and other NTSC countries.

Unless you can find an actual European version of the game in question, there's little you can do but live with it.....

Back