I think this is illegal.....

Hey, I think its a sweet deal. If I had the money, I might bid on it. But I'm still surprised ebay hasn't killed it.

Ya, it pisses me off that fools actually spend good money for crappy pirate cdrs, it's a good thing that this is rare on ebay but in oz, you look in the paper for secondhand games and all you find is "200 DC games!!!" and shit... really pisses me off.. :damn:

and don't worry, gallstaff, you aint no fool ;)

Haha no I know, but I was joking I wasnt gonna bid on it. While I am lazy, I'm sure that same thing can be found on various ftp's and on irc or whatnot or I can just do it myself.

Arg...what a loser seller using someone's hard work to make a quick buck. And quite illegal too....

Anyway I emailed everyone on the list with this message:

Hello, I noticed that you have recently bid on a Nintendo games package for use on the Sega Dreamcast. I hope that you realize that this is not the seller's work and that this can be found for free several places on the internet.

---Ammut

Once i bid on a Capcom Vs. SNK Vs. Nintendo Vs. Sega. Vs. etc for computer. What i didn't know is that he was just using Mugen and selling it in jewel cases with homemade covers. I was about to pay 15 bux for it when someone emailed me and said that i could do it my self for free. So i did.

Imagine if the buyer notices the first screen after the SEGA logo... you know, the one where the emu author even states that if you paid for it, you got ripped off?

Auctions like these show up every day, almost every hour...

Only a few of them slips through the fingers of ebay...

Hell, even Betas and prototypes are illegal to sell on ebay now :-/

Wonder what would have happened if the buyer put the CD-R in the Dreamcast, and found out that his or her DC couldnt play CD-R's :D

IF that did happened, serve's them right for buying CD-R based DC games. :wanker

If you want more illegal stuff to complain about, there's plenty of Half-Life for the Dreamcast CD-R's floating about on Ebay for sale! About £3 each.

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Oct 14, 2003 @ 01:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Oct 14, 2003 @ 01:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Imagine if the buyer notices the first screen after the SEGA logo... you know, the one where the emu author even states that if you paid for it, you got ripped off?[/b]

Haha, I remember that phrase. Indeed they got ripped off :devil

<!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff
@Oct 13, 2003 @ 07:52 PM

Haha no I know, but I was joking I wasnt gonna bid on it. While I am lazy, I'm sure that same thing can be found on various ftp's and on irc or whatnot or I can just do it myself.[/quote] I knew you were joking ;) that's what I meant by "you ain't no fool", get? :cool:

Originally posted by Flakvin@Oct 14, 2003 @ 11:45 AM

Wonder what would have happened if the buyer put the CD-R in the Dreamcast, and found out that his or her DC couldnt play CD-R's

All Dreamcasts can boot CD-Rs, some models just need a different disc layout.

Also, you need to read this.

I ran into one of these the other day , it was "77 NES Games on 1 Disc!" and it was up to 15 bucks. Who are the people that bid on these things?

Crap -- these people are ripped if they pay $5 for a disk let alone $40!

Why don't the idiots give ME their money?!

Back