I was wandering...

If there is a way to extract VGM, PSG or MID files from a Game Gear game in ROM format? I tried to extract with several emus but there was no good quality. Anyone know a way toextract direct from ROM without any emus???

There's no easy way to do it. The music depends on when the PSG registers are written and what they're written with. There's no generic way to extract this from the ROM itself. At best, it might be possible on some games to find and reverse-engineer the program and data used to create the music, but that's a lot of work for each game.

wow.gif
I am not in the mood to start something like that.

Naaaaaah I'll pass and try to find the music with some other way.

Thank EX!!!
smile.gif

You might find that some of the game gear emulators have music logging tools built into them (like some nes, and snes emulators).

Yes I already know that Skank. I tried DEGA but I doesn't support the game I wan't to rip the music(Shining Force Gaiden 3: The Final Conflict).
sad.gif

I'm in a deep hurry about that game's MIDI files but as far as I know there is no site that have them. :'(

In fact I don't need the music but the music sheets (I can make a music sheet via MIDI).

Back