IE problem

SkankinMonkey

Established Member
Somehow, I think that doubleclick adds are randomly popping up when i start ie. I've tried using windows update, and a doubleclick add pops up, and several other sites that i know dont have ads have doubleclick ads popup, this is only in IE though. Anyone know how to get rid of this cripe?

mwahaha

yet another script virus that can ONLY affect IE, and installed itself without user action no less.

try running a (recent) virus scan over it, most detect that kinda virus/trojan/exploit by now.

...This is going to sound dumb but check your homepage? I once had some crap that changed my startpage to point to some cgi-script, and it then it pointed to my regular homepage. I was getting tons of pop-ups because of it.

...This is going to sound dumb but check your homepage? I once had some crap that changed my startpage to point to some cgi-script, and it then it pointed to my regular homepage. I was getting tons of pop-ups because of it.
I ran into that situation before. I knew my default start page (blank page) has been changed when I loaded up IE and it automatically went to some weird ass site. I fixed it right away. I think I should start using that Ad-Aware proggie.

ya ad aware is great for stopping that type of stuff. It's a free product so if you guys use warez sites don't bother downloading the pro version(all it has is a copy of reghence and ad aware pluss it doesn't help out lavasoft).

gyah, turns out it is a virus, some sort of backdoor/trojan that infected explorer.exe and cant be cleaned, so i gotta reinstall windows again :/

ya internet security should be everyone's main priority. Everyone should keep their anti virus up to date(and if too cheap to go out and buy the product to keept it up to date just go and find it for free on the net LOL) and also everyone should use a firewall. Sure there are some viruses and trojans that can bypass the software firewalls, but i know that zonealarm informes you when programes have been altered. Say for example a trojan joins itself to internet explorer or some other program that accesses the internet; zonealarm will pop a message up asking you if you would like to give the changed program access to the internet; you can then question yourself "why has internet explorer changed? i didn't upgrade it or make any changes to it?" and then you can get all paranoid and send your internet explorer .exe to nortons and let them screw with it.

I forgot what i was talking about and i'll just end my post now.

Back