IF-SEGA

I've been looking for something to connect up my saturn pads to PC, I heard about IF-SEGA I think it is a ISA card with a couple of Sega Saturn controller ports as far as I can gather. Most of the sites I have visited have been in japanese so I'm not sure any information or ideas of where o get a hold of one would be appreciated

I believe there was a device that enabled the use of Saturn pads with the PC. I think it also had some kind of graphical processing capabilities because it shipped as part of an OEM PC and came packed with Virtua Fighter (the first ever PC version that required this card to work).

I can't remember what it was called, but I believe it was marketed by Diamond.

EDIT: Did some searching - the product you are searching for is the Diamond EDGE 3D, and here is a stack of information about it
smile.gif

The Diamond Edge 3D has the Saturn pad connectors, but I believe that Ace of Shades is talking about this. There's a PCI one too.

If you ever find some let me know because I'd love to get my hands on one.
smile.gif

Actually, you don't need such not-so-easy-to-find device to use Saturn controllers on the PC.

I remember a set of drivers... forgot the name... that allows you to use pretty much ANY controller in a PC with full support, from atari controllers to N64 ones (with analog support). Of course, you NEED to modify the controller plugs, to fit them in the parallel port (but you can also build an adapter using saturn controller jacks - if you happen to have a spare set lying around - saving your controllers from modifications).

Yeah, there is always Directpad Pro, but I'd rather have a plug and play solution. At the moment there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything I'd like done.

I think that the effort of soldering 9 wires to a thick, parallel portcable, would take much less time than digging for a rare ISA card. Wires are far easier to solder than mod boards.

And you would end up with a plug'n'play solution (but we all know that true plug'n'play doesn't exist at all - you always need to install drivers), done by YOU (and it feels good... man, VERY good).

Thanks for the info. it was the IF-SEGA ISA card mal posted that I was on about. As for building my own, I'm not the most electronically minded person, but I think I'll give it a shot when I get a chance. It'd be nice to be able to use the Saturn analogue pad too.

Back