Image conversion

I have three questions about manipulating cd images.................

Is there any way to convert a 2048 format image into a 2352 format image? And vice-versa?

Also, is there an easy way to make an iso into a bin and back?

Finally, is there an easy way to make a bin/wav or bin/mp3 into one bin? Or the other way around?

I know I could burn it to a cdrw and rip it again that way, but thats very time consuming and itll wear down my cdrws, and I dont want to waste a CDR every time I want to do this.

Thanks.

LOL!
laugh.gif

I wonder if MasterAkumaMatata knows has all this links in his head
ph34r.gif

Well.......... I feel like an idiot, I even use CDmage a lot and didnt know it could do that, I gotta use the search function mroe often
damn.gif

I'm sure Akuma gives great advice, but man... he likes it complicated.
tongue.gif

Is there any way to convert a 2048 format image into a 2352 format image? And vice-versa?

Yes. Both ISObuster and CDmage can load a track in either mode and resave it as the other mode (simply select track, rightclick to extract, and choose which mode you want).

Also, is there an easy way to make an iso into a bin and back?

Not sure what you mean by that? The extensions .iso and .bin are really interchangeable, but ISO tracks are more commonly Mode1/2048 and BIN tracks Mode1/2352. Now, if by "bin" you mean an entire CD image with multiple tracks, then no go, since ISOs are single tracks.
rolleyes.gif

Finally, is there an easy way to make a bin/wav or bin/mp3 into one bin? Or the other way around?

CDmage can open such images via their cue sheets and resave them as a simple bin/cue set. As for the other way around, see first question
smile.gif

I know I could burn it to a cdrw and rip it again that way...

...or you could "burn" and re-rip using DaemonTools and your favorite CD app, preferably CDRWin... but that already borders on overkill...

I don't even know why Akuma would have you turn an iso/mp3 or iso/wav into a Nero image, then open that with CDmage. I'm not even able to open any Nero images and I have the exact same version of CDmage. Anyway, it seems unnecessary to me since CDmage opens cuesheets, too.

Ok, I am having problems.

I have a .iso and .mp3, I made a cue file with them and tried to open it in CDmage, it dosent support mp3.

So I tried Isobuster....... for some reason it recognized that the game has all the audio tracks, but it thaught all the audio tracks were blank, it woudlent read the mp3s.

So I converted them to wav, now cdmage gives me a "File length dosent match sector boundry" error and isobuster still gives me the same problem.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Taelon@Jun 5, 2003 @ 01:23 PM

...or you could "burn" and re-rip using DaemonTools and your favorite CD app, preferably CDRWin... but that already borders on overkill...

I don't even know why Akuma would have you turn an iso/mp3 or iso/wav into a Nero image, then open that with CDmage. I'm not even able to open any Nero images and I have the exact same version of CDmage. Anyway, it seems unnecessary to me since CDmage opens cuesheets, too.

Can Daemon Tools mount ISO+WAV+CUE or ISO+MP3+CUE images? It can probably mount ISO+WAV+CUE images, but not ISO+MP3+CUE images. CDmage can open cuesheets, but I realized that it can't always open ISO+WAV+CUE images (i.e., "File length doesn't match sector boundry" error*), and it definitely can't open ISO+MP3+CUE images. Anyway, I can open Nero images with CDmage fine. That's why I suggested turning the ISO+WAV+CUE or ISO+MP3+CUE into a Nero image (as Nero can decode MP3) through Nero's Image Recorder. Once you have a Nero image, you can save it as a BIN+CUE image using CDmage. I've done it before when I didn't want to sacrifice a CD-R, CDmage wouldn't let me save the ISO+WAV+CUE directly as a BIN+CUE let alone load the cuesheet, and my CDRWin wouldn't detect the virtual CD-ROM drive (although Nero did) after I've mounted the ISO+WAV+CUE image with Daemon Tools. Alternatively, you can also use Daemon Tools to mount the Nero image and use CDRWin to rip it to a BIN+CUE image.

*If the ISO+WAV+CUE is from a fresh CDmage conversion from a mixed mode BIN+CUE image, then CDmage would be able to open that ISO+WAV+CUE and save it back to the original BIN+CUE. However, if the WAV files of an ISO+WAV+CUE is from converted MP3 files, then CDmage would give you the "File length doesn't match sector boundry" error and won't be able to convert as the WAV to MP3 back to WAV conversion process alters the length of the audio track to a certain degree.

Cyber Akuma: Did you try to load the cuesheet you made into Nero and create a Nero image using Nero's Image Recorder? Once you have a Nero image, you can use CDmage to save it as a BIN+CUE image.

CDrwin

Winiso

Alcohol 120%

Winiso can convert bin+cue to iso+wave+cue. It can also convert iso back to bin. If it's a cooked iso, it will be converted to a cooked bin though. And iso-to-bin conversion doesn't work with the seperate audio tracks.

Alcholol 120% can mount iso+wave+cue and bin+cue. Not iso+mp3 though. It also can make cd images in any format.

I mainly use cdrwin to make bin files. For iso+wave files, I make a cue sheet and mount that with Alcohol 120%. Then make a raw bin+cue file from that cooked mounted iso.

Regarding iso/mp3 images and "file length does not match sector boundary" --

CD images are normally always a direct representation of a CD's contents, i.e. there can't be any compression. The only reason iso/mp3 images even exist is because most burning software is able to decompress the mp3 files to wav on the fly while burning.

Here's the catch: WAV files, if used in a cuesheet, must be a multiple of 2352, plus 44 bytes for the WAV header. Simply decompressing an mp3 to wav on its own does not guarantee that you get the correct file size for the WAV file. Burning software will pad each WAV file up to the proper size while writing a disc, but ISOBuster and CDmage don't do this. They rely on correct file sizes to begin with. That's why the sector-boundary error occurs.

What you would have to do is load the offending .wav files into a sound editor, append a bit of silence and make sure the number of samples (one sample occupies 4 bytes for 16bit stereo) is a multiple of 2352 / 4 = 588.

Then simply resave (don't worry about the 44-byte header).

Hope this made sense.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I made a correct image finally thanks

Looks like the emualtor cant play this game though, oh well, it works fine on my real saturn at least.

Back