• Rise from your gwave!

Import Rush 2049

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by Funkstar De Luxe, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Funkstar De Luxe

Funkstar De Luxe New Member

I just bought San Francisco Rush 2049 (PAL) for may HK Dreamcast. The problem is that when I try to run it with my Utopia 1.1 bootdisk it just resets to the dreamcats system options. What can I do? Is this a known problem? Thanks

2. segasonic

segasonic New Member

I know that the US version has protection to stop it running on PAL DC's which does exactly the same thing, it sounds like the other way round is also the case :(

3. Funkstar De Luxe

Aw crap, so I'll never be able to play it?

4. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

you might as well buy a pal dc

£49.99 at eb with worms world party now

5. Funkstar De Luxe

6. Gear

Gear New Member

Try to load it with a gameshark/action replay/codebraker/etc.

7. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

That's not going to help. Midway put a special little protection into 2049 that check to find out the region of your console no matter what method you used to boot it. There's no way around it unless you have a proper region DC (although a mod-chip may work, but I'm not positive, but why mod a console for 1 game [and not some absolutely spectacular game at that]?)

8. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

I'm pretty sure that there's some way to use a GS/AR code to patch out the protection, as there are codes available for the US/NTSC version (which seems to have a similar protection). Datel doesn't seem to have anything for the PAL version though.

9. Funkstar De Luxe

I'll try and get myelf a nice new PAL Dreamcast if they're going that cheeply.

10. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

check out www.eb.uk.com for the one i mentioned, but if you hold on they might drop even lower, however they may also sell out before then