Internet Connection Sharing with DC

Yes, _but_ I'm not sure if the line voltage is the same. That's going to affect the other components, so make sure you check it out.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Mar 17, 2004 @ 04:51 AM

and now i get the xbox with the drive that wont let me used any burned cds (cdr or cdrw) to get soundtracks from :(

I had the same problem with my xbox drive, but I found 1 cdrw that worked with it. It was a 4 year old 650MB cdrw that is scratched to hell but for some reason thats the only burnt cd my xbox will pick up, so its what I use to load up my soundtracks. I've tried many brands of cdr/rw, including the same brand of that 1 cd... but nothing else works. I guess you could always mod it and send files through your pc, but thats a bit of a pain in the arse.

As for the topic on hand, I was going to get into running my dc line through my pc but the more I read up on it the more it looked like a pain... and the possiblity of it not working after all that work got me away from it altogether. I would've done it if I didn't have a 2nd phone line (which I never used otherwise and had a plugin close to my dc) and my phone service which granted me 7 free hours of dailup per month (netzero worked for a few months and was free unlimited...but that stopped). Once I stopped using dc online (after sega cut down the servers) I got rid of the phone line... I miss online with Dreamcast :( Good luck to you getting it to work.

---Ammut

Well, just FYI, there are a few games that can still be played online. F355 challenge is still up, there is an unofficial PSOv2 server, and Quake3 is still played on a few servers as well.

Can anyone reccomend a website (UK or USA), wher i can buy this 4 Cond. Surface Jack Dual-Surface Mount-U.L. (Dual Jack housing mount)?

I have tried looking around stores in Cyprus and my grandfather has check a dozen or so DIY stores around Glasgow (UK) but simply can't find it :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Dude all that is is two phone wall jacks in one plate. You just need two female wall jacks (like the ones you plug your existing phones into).

Just an update:

I tried the Line voltage with a diagram i saw from howstuffworks.com where all it said was required was a 9v battery and 300 ohm resistor in series, it didn't work.

So I'm gonna follow the website (add a 47mFD capcitor in parrallel) and see what happens, and get it down by a professional electriction (ie just a family member, so no charge :p )

I live in Cyprus, land of "do it tommorow", so please bear with me!

Also Supergrom was your Dreamcast PAL?

http://www.consolevision.com/members/mterlouw/

Is this the site that was originally referenced?

I've tried this with Win2k pro. When I have my modem connection created I get intermediate stalls in Windows. It's as if my computer freezes every 5 seconds. When I got to this point I just deleted the modem connection I made and things returned to normal.

I'm still interested in making this work, but havn't put much effort. Till then I'll just tie up the phone line and use my dialup ISP.

Back