Introducing myself!

Hello! I have followed threads before on this forum, and decided it was time to join. I am Aaron, the founder of Saturn Team. I have been a Saturn gamer for 16 years. I have just started working on putting together a game project, which, eventually, would be a commercial release. I am learning my way around the Jo Sega Saturn Engine. I am looking for people to join my team, or as partners. I am a novice programmer, but am skilled with music, writing, and graphic design. I am a backer on Patreon of Professor Abrasive's Satiator plug-in card. I would have liked to produce a game on CD, but I have followed the decades-long quest for a workaround to the Saturn's infamous security ring, and believe it is probably futile. I'm here to help keep the dream alive!

Hi. Maybe you could try porting a beats of rage game to Saturn with 4MB cart required. I just came across one called D&D Rise of Warduke that is supposed to be pretty good. IGN called it indie/homebrew GOTY for 2015.

A HD texture project might be a good place to start as well. Real Saturn might not be able to handle it, but emulators are getting better. Maybe Panzer Dragoon Saga and other Saturn exclusives could be improved.

Hi. Maybe you could try porting a beats of rage game to Saturn with 4MB cart required. I just came across one called D&D Rise of Warduke that is supposed to be pretty good. IGN called it indie/homebrew GOTY for 2015.

A HD texture project might be a good place to start as well. Real Saturn might not be able to handle it, but emulators are getting better. Maybe Panzer Dragoon Saga and other Saturn exclusives could be improved.
The Beats of Rage game looks decent. I haven't played it. I do have a Dreamcast, too. I like the color scheme and character design. I know some people have recreated Saturn games for PC, like Sonic Jam. As far as original games, I'm a purist. I like to just put the original disc in my Saturn, and play it. I might try to work on some kind of small application that could be booted up on any Saturn using a flashed cartridge.

I am also working on plans for a follow-up console to the Saturn, which would be backward-compatible. I am designing the first 1st-party title for the console in Unreal Engine 4.

Last edited:
Back