Ipod vs Iriver

Iriver makes some AMAZING products. They have great battery life, support TONS of audio formats (hi Ogg!) and just simply look better as well.

I'm a firm believer that Iriver makes better products.

Apple is the king of design.

The battery life might not be the best, but the design and interface makes up for it.

Also, as long as the device plays MP3, that's all I need (at least for now)

Hmm, I won't vote, as I haven't used any Iriver products. I think the iPod is an excellent product, but it's also overpriced, just like every other Apple product. Also, the iPod Photo is pretty lame.

They both do the same thing, and are both overpriced for what they are worth. I would vote for neither, but since that isn't an option, I am more inclined to vote for iRiver, but only because it is less popular.

By these means, I won't bother voting on this one.

Have you used an iriver? I mean really, it has better features, better battery life. The only thing the iriver lacks is the 'cool' feature of apple, and itunes, which I personally don't care about.

I've been looking into this lately, and from what I've researched Iriver players seem far better. I'm close to winning my free 20GB iPod, and it is going right on eBay, so I can get a used Iriver h320. Additionally, I despise the white color scheme Apple uses on their iPods.

iPod.

Beautiful design, very clean and works great. I love it.

The iRiver is just like the iPod, but it is ugly and it "non-mainstream" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Mon, 2005-02-21 @ 11:38 PM

The iRiver is just like the iPod, but it is ugly and it "non-mainstream" :rolleyes:

[post=130226]Quoted post[/post]​

That's one of the reasons I'm going for the Iriver:

non-mainstream=no one's going to steal it!

I need to think about these things. I think the record weekly total money stolen out of the locker rooms at school was $1500.

Granted the spinny/clicky wheel is nice, with the Iriver (for the purpose of this argument I'll be comparing 20GB iPods to the Iriver H320) iPods suffer from battery problems, and only support MP3. Iriver players support a ton of file formats including OGG, and they don't need some stupid Apple software to upload your music.

However all technical stuff aside, I just hate the way iPods look. Wearing an all white suit is stylish, but sterile pearly white electronics, are totally unappealing to me. They look like something my doctor would listen to music on. :puke:

Just get a Mini then!

Oh wait... You only get about 4GB or 5GB, when for $50 more, you can get 20GB.

I see so many kids at my schcool with Mini's... Ugh...

Why?!

$50 more, you get 20GB!

Originally posted by Dud+Tue, 2005-02-22 @ 02:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dud @ Tue, 2005-02-22 @ 02:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>sterile pearly white electronics, are totally unappealing to me. They look like something my doctor would listen to music on. :puke:[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Dud

Why?!

$50 more, you get 20GB!

[/quote]

Why?

Because the moment you equip a mini, you get Sexiness +10.

If I knew there were sites that gave away free iriver's I would have done things differently, but the way things worked out I'm doing the freeipods scheme. And yes money is much more important than looks! I can only get like 150-200 bucks for a mini ipod, which don't look too much better, they still have those hideous white earbuds.

If there were a platinum ipod with diamond encrusted edges I'd buy that, THAT would be a good looking item. Money and beauty usually go together, the ipod/mini ipod is a rare exception.

Just get the ipod and one of those (now illicit, I believe) custom original 80's walkman skins for it. Then your pimpage will be taken TO THE MAXX.

I love my iPod shuffle.

Sure, there are times that a screen would be handy to change playlists or something, but the stripped-down nature is actually pretty nice for me most of the time.

I usually have it in my pocket or use it while driving. So it's super easy to navigate without looking

Plus, I've fallen in love with iTunes after using Winamp for about 8 years, so the integration is great

Back