Is a modchip the onlay way?

I have legal copies of Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and In the Hunt (which I play often enough to warrant backing up). These damn games are so expensive I don't paly them othen because I'm afraid I'll drop and scratch them up. What are my options?

I have both a Model 1, and Model 2 NTSC US Saturn with a AR4in1.

Is there a way I could rip the games and play them via an emulator?

My PC: 2GHz AMD 1GB Ram, Radeon 8500 128 RAM

I don't suppose this is as simple as copying the games to a CD and playing via an emulator with a USB Saturn pad?

Honestly very little in this forum. I've lurked mainly around the Dreamcast boards. I have scanned back 30 pages to check my options, but I wanted to make sure I haven't missed something.

Yes you need a modchip for your Saturn.

No there is not currently a 100% working emu for Saturn. Check for emu named Saturnin by Runik or SSF for your best bet.

Yes, if you own the original you can do a 1:1 copy.

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Mon, 2006-01-30 @ 05:57 PM

No there is not currently a 100% working emu for Saturn. Check for emu named Saturnin by Runik or SSF for your best bet.

[post=143916]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't forget Satourne and Yabause ;)

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Mon, 2006-01-30 @ 10:57 AM

Yes you need a modchip for your Saturn.

Yes, if you own the original you can do a 1:1 copy.

[post=143916]Quoted post[/post]​

Excellent. I own the original disks so that makes life easier. Now to find an emu that'll work on my PC and test In The Hunt!

the emus are coming along... they are running a lot better then they were, but at this time you probably will want to wait.

There is the swap trick... but it hurts your saturn. I'd just say get a mod chip, it is so easy to install on a model 2 and from people like RacketBoy right here on this very sight they are like 14 dollars with shipping. Others have them... check the BST section, i think crazygoat is selling them individually as well... i think.

seems like they have been improving a bit lately -- very encouraging.

but it will probably still be a while until we all throw out our Saturns :)

Originally posted by Dragoon42@Sun, 2006-01-29 @ 09:15 PM

I have legal copies of Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and In the Hunt (which I play often enough to warrant backing up). These damn games are so expensive I don't paly them othen because I'm afraid I'll drop and scratch them up. What are my options?

I have both a Model 1, and Model 2 NTSC US Saturn with a AR4in1.

Is there a way I could rip the games and play them via an emulator?

My PC: 2GHz AMD 1GB Ram, Radeon 8500 128 RAM

I don't suppose this is as simple as copying the games to a CD and playing via an emulator with a USB Saturn pad?

[post=143895]Quoted post[/post]​

put a MOD and be Happy, you have a original Radiant Silvergun?? congratulations, for me, is this very expansive burn US$80-US$100,00 on just one game, I have a 30 Original Games, but Radiant Silvergun is only a dream :p , well, for now, I play my CD-r copy...

Pek.

My wife bought it for me for Christmas this year. While she got a DS I don't think she's put down since. I found the perfect woman!

Back