is it possible...

I know that this may be teering on the legal level at this site, but is it possible, with help of a group of excellent, intelligent programmers, to create a Genesis specific version of the classic Splatterhouse?

If you are unfamilar with the history, Splatterhouse defined survival horror before D, Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark, etc, etc, etc. However, only a somewhat censored version was created for the PC Engine/TurboGrafx while Sega got the sequels 2 and 3.

Not dont get me wrong, I'm not asking to sell bootlegs out of my garage or nothing like that, but I'm asking, using the right tools and people, is it possible to either port Splatterhouse part 1 from its PC Engine/FM marty counterparts, or to even redo the game specifically for the genesis console?

Thanks for your time. Sorry if this is offensive.

not to be a wiseass or nothing, but if my idea to recreate Splatterhouse is legally wrong, what would you call the whole SOR4 project in the topic above this? Considering the fact that Namco has not used the Splatterhouse name in over 10 years, yet Sega still holds the rights to Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle (since of course, they are planning a Sega Ages remake)

I'm not saying this to make anyone mad, but I'm proving a point. I think that a reamped Splatterhouse part 1 would rock on a Genesis cart/rom, since its graphics (referring to SH2) blow the graphics of the original PC Engine one out of the water. What's so bad about that?

thanks

Well, unless you know any ex-programmers from STI or something, I seriously doubt a homebrew effort of the first Splatterhouse for Genesis would be revamped or anything.

And really, if you're going to get some highly skilled programmers and put them on a Genny job, I really don't think a TG16 port (however upgraded it may be) would be a priori.

I do think if Namco had done it at the time it would've been nice (and a smart move).

Back