Is there a soft reset for the DC?

racketboy

Established Member
Is there a controller button combination that will make the Dreamcast reset?

Sometimes I need to reset the system and I'd like to be able to do it without opening the door and/or shutting the power off and back on.

Shame on you for not knowing the reset command, Racket... that's been there since day one. ;)

well I kept trying to push buttons before and nothing happened

I'm make sure to try the recommended combination

Originally posted by racketboy@Dec 9, 2003 @ 12:22 AM

Maybe you should push them all at once :p

And he was right... its start +ABXY (the 4 face buttons)

On saturn it was ABCXYZ +start....I think :blush:

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut+Dec 10, 2003 @ 12:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ammut @ Dec 10, 2003 @ 12:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Dec 9, 2003 @ 12:22 AM

Maybe you should push them all at once :p

And he was right... its start +ABXY (the 4 face buttons)

On saturn it was ABCXYZ +start....I think :blush:

---Ammut [/b][/quote]

I beleive saturn was only start + ABC.

Originally posted by Shitface@Dec 9, 2003 @ 06:42 AM

I beleive saturn was only start + ABC.

yeaaaaa...I thought it was that...but whenever I needed to do it I just hit 'em all anyway, so I wasn't sure. Maybe my fingers are fat :(

---Ammut

Some Dreamcast homebrew games use B+start to go back to the title/menu screen. I can't recall if any official DC games out there have used that too.

I find the DC's soft reset one of the easiests to perform (and sometimes I almost do it by accident in some games) because I can press all 4 buttons with my thumb, without having to reposition my hand like in the Saturn.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Dec 11, 2003 @ 03:17 AM

I find the DC's soft reset one of the easiests to perform (and sometimes I almost do it by accident in some games) because I can press all 4 buttons with my thumb, without having to reposition my hand like in the Saturn.

man...thats some big thumb you've got there. But when are you ever using start in a game situation to 'accidently' reset?

NesterDC has the double trigger pull to reset, which is comfy enough for me(and fun! ;) ), but any new people playing might push down on them just for the hell of it. Its how I get the feel for new controllers anyway...and something to do when I'm waiting at a loadup screen. I :wub: the dc triggers!

yeeeeea I'm crazy.

---Ammut

I could swear the Dreamcast soft-reset was done by hitting both triggers and the Start button only... ?

But then, who normally needs to reset their DC if they're not switching games at that time? :)

Back